1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Makes A Great Game???

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by drock99, Jan 31, 2008.

1. drock99

drock99 Member

hey guys,
    in your opinion, what makes a great game great?

2. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

My Pioneer burner... ;)

3. okthen12

okthen12 Guest

ps3 developers...

4. IceKing1

IceKing1 Guest

LOLOOLOL HAHAHAHA, the PS3 has been a HUGE flop so far and their exclusive games all bombed, sell that POS PS3 son, and buy you a REAL game system.

5. okthen12

okthen12 Guest

lol ok then your opinion. i like xbox too tho.

For me the great games are all about gameplay.

E.g. Uncharted and The pro evolution series, stuff like that.

6. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

At least for me, it's the story line first, then graphics.

7. Xpressor

Xpressor Regular member

nice LOL

8. steimy

steimy Active member

Nice 5 posts and not one that actually addresses the question. oops, well at least one did.
    Also you should read the nice bold thread about starting flame wars between PS3 and Xbox 360.

A good game is made of of many things, and it depends on the type of game it is as to what those elements are.
    Graphics
    Game physics
    gameplay
    storyline
    driving physics (for racing games)
    a company that stands behind their game and creates good downloadable content like map packs and such.

Just read a bunch of game reveiws at IGN or Gamestop and you will se how they break a game down, and will know what to look for in a good game.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  9. Searay23

Searay23 Member

Growing AI, i just hate when you play a game for a while it gets too easy and ends up being boring, the AI have to learn with you and try to stop you, but not too much or else its just too hard and you cant even play. Also flow is key too, love when you get in the flow of a game and lose sense of time.

10. steimy

steimy Active member

The above is what makes Rainbow Six Vegas such a great game. Over the months since release updates have made the AI much better then they were when it was released.

They use to just stand around and wait for you to shoot them, you could breeze through a terrorist hunt level in matter of 2 minutes. Not anymore, even on the easy maps they are more alert and now throw flash-bang and frag grenades.

11. Searay23

Searay23 Member

i cant wait for RS:V 2!!

12. dab0ne

dab0ne Regular member

I agree with all of those things, and im really digging the real-time cutscenes like in assassins creed. that game is one of my favorites of all time and especially on the 360 because after you beat the game and find all the flags you can still go back and unlock the achievements. its also got that sandbox quality so when you get tired of actually playing the missions, you can just run around and cause trouble with the guards and such. with that being said, i was disgusted when i saw the rating that ign.com game it. here have a look...

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/834/834676p1.html

the best part is after numerous complaints on the posts (you can read them at the bottom) ign raised their score 0.2 points. ha ha. i wouldnt give it a 5/5 like xplay did but then again i have never played a
    game.