1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what media do you use?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Rdysn5, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Rdysn5

Rdysn5 Member

Hi im just wondering would any cheap dvd+r dl work for burning 360 games... the verbatim ones cost quite a lot more than traxdata etc.... does it matter that much?

2. motomods

motomods Regular member

doesnt really matter.. i use memorex.. i have been told by mods not to tell people to use them, but they have worked for me 100% of the time.. so basically it doesnt really matter.. the cheaper the media the more stress it puts on your 360's laser to read it.. otherwise they should all work.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

Actually media does matter. It can make all the difference for some people. Memorex are about the worst quality media you can buy next to no-name brands. Plus they have half the ink life of a better brand and they can put excess strain on your laser. The reason people tell you not to recommend them to others is because for every person you find that used Memorex (memosux) that had them work for backing up games you can find five people who will tell you that they did not.

Just spend a few extra dollars and buy the Verbatim

4. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Do you want to spend a little extra now on quality media which will last... or do you want to spend alot later reburning discs and replacing the laser?

5. JLF24

JLF24 Regular member

Stick w/ VERBATIM.. I have never had 1 error w/ em....

My 360 has never given me any dirty disc errors and no coasters...

6. Memnock

Memnock Active member

I'll say the same thing which is stick with Verbatim. If your laser can handle a cheapo disc I don't think the occasional game burnt to one will hurt that much, but try to keep the bulk of the games burnt to Verbatims. If you are in the UK where I here Verbatims are very expensive, I hear Datawrites or an OK second choice.

7. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

in the uk verbatims are too expensive but i guess its tru if you wanna spen money on a good media and not be screwing bout it later on then its verbatim but i have used aone by ricoh and theyve neva let me down once and some games have had for a year and still going strong but i do use verbatims now and then too

8. Rdysn5

Rdysn5 Member

I looked at reviews for Ricoh and Datawrite discs and they said those brands are inadequate for burning 360 games. So I am going to buy 10 verbatim dvd+r DL's for £20. I hope they are worth it.