1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Media to use for ps2 backups

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by benjibonz, Apr 11, 2005.

1. benjibonz

benjibonz Member

Good evening. for all of you who are wondering what type of media to use for your PS2 backups (of original games you own, of course), There are conflicting posts all over. Some say -R, some say +R. In my personal experience, every +R game i have backed up has worked flawlessly with my Swap Magic v3.3 discs. every -R disc has given me the 'Please insert Original PS2 Disc' error. I am using a new Slimline PS2 (SCPH-700XX). So, if you're new to backing up PS2 discs, and not sure what media to use, pick up a 3-pack of each and try for yourself, but my bet is that the +R's will work, and the -R's won't.

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

My ver 7 can read both -r and +r with no problems.
    Bigger TOC games run better on +r on my ps2.
    I use verbatim(mcc) and fujifilm(yuden)
    See the pic below.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  3. alanld

alanld Guest

When I had swap magic on my flip top I found that DVD+R wouldn't work for some games. I would try them on DVD-R and they would work perfectly. Now that I have a DMS4, both types seem to work good. I think it really depends on what version playstaion you have, what game it is, and what brand of media you are using. Some things work better for others.

4. benjibonz

benjibonz Member

I'm using Memorex at the moment, Just tried a backup last night, -R didn't work, +R works great. might just be the brand, but for now, i'll stick with what works.