1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What mod cart runs SNES games the best?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by LufianGuy, Jan 24, 2007.

1. LufianGuy

LufianGuy Regular member

I have a friend. All he wants to do is play Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (SNES) on his DS Lite.

He asked me to tell him what he should buy. Since I don't have experience in this area, I'm asking everyone for their recommendations (especially you Mr. Hanky) so my friend can do this in the most optimized way possible.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

SNES play is not determined by the hardware, it is the software, it runs pretty much the same on any device that can load it.

SNES is not yet very good on the DS and only a handful of games work, i'm pretty sure that the Super Mario RPG won't be one of them.

3. LufianGuy

LufianGuy Regular member

What a bummer, I figured this lol. Thanks, I'll tell my friend the bad news. It is worse for him too, he had a downgraded PSP that broke on him, he could of used that for this.

Has anyone actually attempted to do this yet?

My friend still wants to try!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  4. wusta515

wusta515 Member

Why not just get a SNES emulator for your computer and then play it on there?? Unless he strictly wants it for the DS. I miss those side scrolling games so much, i bought the DS cuz of the new super mario and then i downloaded all the old emulators..SNES, Genesis...and i've been playin the old Yoshi's island..haha.

5. LufianGuy

LufianGuy Regular member

My friend uses his computer for professional business and doesn't want to do anything to it that might hurt it.

Could someone please just try to run the SNES Mario RPG on their DS and tell me if it works or not?

6. Kiwiclx

Kiwiclx Member

Title: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
    ROM Name: Super Mario RPG - Legend of the Seven Stars (U) [!].smc

Running failed due to inability to allocate memory; using SNEmulDS on M3 DS Simply.

It's a complex game so I'm not surprised. :(

7. eternal4

eternal4 Member

So the snes is limited on the DS? How about the snes on the PSP, does it fare better? I play most of the classics snes games on my ps2 mod.

8. Kiwiclx

Kiwiclx Member

Last edited: Jan 27, 2007
  9. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

SNES emulation on the PSP is much much better than on the DS, with most games working perfectly. I'm pretty sure the ROM mentioned above will work on the PSP but i havn't played it myself.

10. LufianGuy

LufianGuy Regular member

Thanks guys, I appreciate the effort. I'm going to buy my M3 Mini with passcard 3 and everything else right now. I will definitley have questions when they show up. BE PREPARED :)