1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what mod-chip and Hard drive to get

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by flynn53, Dec 15, 2004.

1. flynn53

flynn53 Member

Hello
    I am going to get an xbox for christmas and in the neRe FUTURE I WILL GET A mod chip for it i have looked around and the best deal seamed to be the spider mod chip? all i need in a mod chip is the avalibility to save gAMES TO THE HARD DRIVE AND PLAY THEM OFF THE HARD Drive without the game. ALSO I WOULD LIKE the chip to be solderless.this method of saving games to the h/d seems to be really cheap. now i understand that i will haft to probly put in a bigger hard drive. a question i have is how many games can i save on a hard drive that comes with an xbox or can u save any . which harddrive would u recomend for me ... I want an hard drive that's compatible with the mod chip your going to recomend, and one that will have enough room to save about 20 games on it, And plenty of rooms for saved games. another question i have is if i use all the space on my hard drive can i possibly hook something up so that i get another hard drive and a switch and just swap the hard drives when i want to play a different game.

ecuse the caps lock this keyboard is messed up and i am not trying to shot or anything like that

2. flynn53

flynn53 Member

Room Closed

3. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

You can either get the Spider solderless chip or the Xecuter chip.

As far as the hard drive, that's up to you. I would prefer a Western Digital hdd myself, which I am buying at an extremely low price of $120 (250 gig!)

4. flynn53

flynn53 Member

how many games can that hd hold

5. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

I would say as a rule of thumb say xbox games average out to around 5.5GB. So if you got a 250 GB hard drive ( puts numbers into calculator) You could store 45.5 games...this is just a referance..you may get less or more..but somewhere around there. I would say probably more, as I have a 120 gig hard drive and I have 35 games on it now(with plenty of room left). If your not up for setting up the new hard drive yourself, I would reccomend buying from www.system-mods.com
    They have an option to set up the hard drive for you. Its just plug and play...evox is even pre installed!

6. flynn53

flynn53 Member

ok personally about installing hd and mod chips i'm pretty good to go my dads an audio technician at a college and he work with mother boards, hard drives, and programming every day.. that's one of the reasons i'm getting an xbox case all an xbox is is a game playing computer.. that's all it is.. that's also y it can be turned into a lenix(i think i spelled it right) Computer.... 1 question i do have is if i fill up 1 hd with games is there something made for me to just press a button and swap h/ds it will be a long time before i need to do it

7. zeno60

zeno60 Member

There are mods where you can manage to switch out hard-drives by basically pulling the one off, and then putting the other on when the xbox is off. Check out the tutorials on http://www.xbox-scene.com/ Its way to much hastle though, you'd be better off getting a 120-250 GB Hard Drive and just keeping it in with all your goodies on it.

8. flynn53

flynn53 Member

Yeah you're probly right, I was just thinking i wonder if someone could like substatute a keyboard for an xbox controller(dumb idea) but youy would haft to be tallented to do it

9. zeno60

zeno60 Member

Actually this is very easy with the New Xenium ICE chip, it comes with a USB adapter which you plug in the front of your xbox, into a controller port, and your able to hook up USB PenDrives, Keyboard/Mouse, pretty much any USB device you would need on a console.

10. bluebus

bluebus Regular member

There is only one no solder chip right now that will work with xbox version 1.6 and 1.6b and that is a SmartXX. I'm not sure if you can buy it yet but if not it should be out soon. You should wait and see which version xbox you get before ordering your chip.

11. flynn53

flynn53 Member

Cool yes i will make sure what version but i thought that the spiderchip would work on new xboxs, That's also cool taht an xbox can use usb with mod chip, I wonder if on games use could take a pic of u on digicam and put it on xbox, and like turn your face into a player skin

12. bluebus

bluebus Regular member

I'm sure it will work on all xbox, they just don't have a no solder adapter yet.

13. flynn53

flynn53 Member

Oh i thought the spiderchip was solderless, or is it just not solderless for the new xbox versions

14. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

That's completely false! Very few xbox games are that big. Most are in the 2 to 3 gig range. I've had several that will even fit on 700mb cdr's.

15. flynn53

flynn53 Member

Hey i finally got my xbox and halo 2 it's awsome i'm going to wait for the 3 month factory warranty to ware out before i modd it
    O: how many levels are there on halo i've made it to level 10

16. muumabo

muumabo Member

in my opinion the fifth generation executer 3 mod chip is no doubt the best, it lets you do everything. i installed one on my friends xbox, done in 45 minutes. theres been no problem and the soldering is really easyall the pins are at least a 1/4 of an inch apart and it really is awesome

17. flynn53

flynn53 Member

i was told that you had to install the bios for the excuter, where as the spiderchip allready had it on it

18. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

get a Xenium ICE chip.it's the best and get a maxtor hdd.
    MAXTOR 40GB can hold around 10 Games
    MAXTOR 80GB can hold around 20 Games
    MAXTOR 120GB can hold around 32 Games
    MAXTOR 160GB can hold around 45 Games

19. flynn53

flynn53 Member

how much arwe we looking at for a 160gb, I want the cheepest hdd not nessessarly the best thats why i'm getting the spiderchip