1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What mod is it?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ch4in54w, Apr 23, 2007.

1. ch4in54w

ch4in54w Member

My buddy said he has the fatter PS2 and he can put a game in and it puts it on the HDD so he doesnt need the disk anymore.. what mod is this called?

I have the fat ps2 and wanna do this are there tuts on this forum? Id use the search feature but i dunno what its called

thanks!

2. dub1185

dub1185 Member

You will first need a few things... You will need to know what version PS2 you have (see http://www.dms3.com/dms4ezi/downloads/Installation_Manual/DMS4_EZI_Installation_v1.4.pdf ). I am not saying use this chip it just has some good pics to determine which model you have. Then you will need an ethernet adapter, and a compat. hd see http://ps2drives.x-pec.com/?p=list&v_brand=Maxtor for a compatibilty chart. then you must choose a mod system see the rest of the forum there are alot of different ones. Then there are a lot of good guides on this site on how to mod your system

3. ch4in54w

ch4in54w Member

sweet yeah i found its called HDAdvance. My buddy is gonna lend me his adapter I have the HDD that came with my final fantasy online, so i can wipe it and use that.. as far as version its version i dunno yet i havent pulled it apart..any other ideas?

Update: Okay so i got the cd and cant figure out how to get it to work, it just keeps telling me to insert a valid ps2 disk. the files are an .ISO, and a .mds.. Ive tried one on one cd and one on another and neither work i keep getting the same error message.. any other ideas??

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  4. steimy

steimy Active member

Is your PS2 modded? If not it will not read a burned DVD no matter which program you use. Are you sure your friend doesn't have a DMS4 Pro mod chip, which will both play burned games, and load/delete them from a hard drive?

5. ch4in54w

ch4in54w Member

no it isnt burned.. what about using swap magic? i have that for my slim ps2..