1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what modchip, easy install?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by neoryder, Aug 20, 2004.

1. neoryder

neoryder Member

wel mello everyone, ive been doing a great deal of research into getting a modchip for my ps2, ive decided to go with the magic v for version7 ps2 or the DMS3 ,i know the DMS3 is alot more expensve but is it worth it? or does the magic v have what i need if i want to simple play my new and old backups? and also im a newb when it comes to soldering and ive studied were what wires go for both chips and does any one think its worth it to do it your self or to pay almost 70 dollars to get it done? i live in edmonton alberta canada

2. VOD3N05

VOD3N05 Guest

go with dms3+ there the best chip out there...
    or go with the cheapest chip DUO,it can boot ps2 backups and ps1 backups....

DMS3is expensve but is it worth it.....

3. Fuzzy_C

Fuzzy_C Regular member

i'd install it myself if i were you, i live in camrose, bout an hour outside edmonton, i'm a total scam artist when it comes to stores, i broke 2 ps2's trying to install a magic v3.2 and took them back to the store and demanded a new one cause the one they gave me will not work, i eventually gave up, but what i'm sayin is you don't need to pay that $70 to get someone to install it, i know a guy here who does it for $15, but i'm broke :p but doing it yourself is the best route, just gotta atleast kinda know what your doing.

4. KainX2

KainX2 Guest

this is normal for all hard drives including pc hard drives like if you have a dvd burner you will see that if you buy a 4.7 gb dvd its only goning to be 4.38 most times or my hard drive i have a 300gb maxtor drive in my computer with an 160gb hard dive also the maxtor had only 288gb of space 160gb hard drive only had 152gb of space in other words it depends on the manufacturing quality but the thing is they are buitlt by machines on an assembly line so the machines don;t care so what can you do.

5. KainX2

KainX2 Guest

fusk WRONG THREAD SHIT SHIT SHIT!

6. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

get a matrix infinity installed at norcalmods.com for 100 bucks. excellent chip, deal, and company.