1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what mods work best

Discussion in 'PS2' started by humzaSM, Dec 23, 2004.

1. humzaSM

humzaSM Regular member

what mods work best

2. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

You mean mod chips? I can vouch for the Matrix Infinity being an outstanding chip in every way.

3. humzaSM

humzaSM Regular member

i haerd that mod chips can blow ur ps2 is this true if so r there any chips that dont blow the ps2 or muk it up

4. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

Some say they can burn out lasers, but there are precautions and mods to prevent this.

5. humzaSM

humzaSM Regular member

do u now any mods that will do all the stuf that others do but dont mess the ps2

6. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

None of them in particular 'mess up your PS2', its just a risk if modding it. I use a Matrix Infinity in my V9 and have had no problems at all. As long as you use good discs and keep them clean and scratch free. Read this http://www.richspsxparts.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1154

7. humzaSM

humzaSM Regular member

but how long hav u had ur ps2 chipped? because i had a frend that had a ps2 chiped for 6months no probs then 1 day boom the ps2 had blown. i just wont to mak sure wat chip is best as i wont to get my ps2 chipped. but hav worries because of wat happen 2 a friend

8. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

Its a chance youll have to take. Chipped mine about 3 or 4 months ago. So long as you dont keep trying to boot bad copies you should be alright. Theres no garuntee itll last for ever.

9. humzaSM

humzaSM Regular member

iv bin looking at Matrix Infinity on the web id iv decided 2 get it as it auto boots the ps2 wich not all chipes do. but how did u soldr urs. i dont now the first thing of soldering.

10. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

I installed mine my self, but I have soldering experience and a bit of electrical know how. If you dont, then go no further. Get someone else to fit it or get yourself some experience by practicing on old circuit boards.

11. punx777

punx777 Regular member

matrix infinty or dms4........

matrix infinity is pretty much a copy of dms3... but with many more.. kick ass features....

dms4 came out a little after matrix infinity... has all the same features plus a couple more minor ones i think..

i dont think either of them are to great when it comes to playing psx backups but to me thats not a big deal at all... so, dms4 will pry win this by a hair....

about the burning out.... people do the romeo mod and solder it at another point thats not marked and it supposidly relives all the power being sucked from one point and spreads it out...

i have matrix infinity and it works great!!! not one ps2 disk it hasnt booted yet!!!!

12. humzaSM

humzaSM Regular member

were did u get urs from because im having trobel finding a uk deeler

13. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

mrmodchips.com excellent service.