1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What NOT to do?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by scrum, Jun 8, 2007.

1. scrum

scrum Member

Just got my PSP a couple of weeks ago. I asked around, and after a few questions, I got the thing upgraded to 3.40 OE-A. I got a few iso's on it and they work great...and I want to keep it that way. Is there anything I can do that would mess up the psp in any way? Can I turn it off while it's loading a game? Are there files I should stay out of? Are there emulators or applications I should stay away from? Is there anything deleteable that I should never delete or is there anything I can install to make it safer?

If there's anything you can think of or anything that you've done or heard done to yours that damaged it or at least set you back some time, let me know. This little portable, graphically intensive console with great sound and tons of possible emulators, games and applications is almost the best thing since sliced bread (mmmmm...sandwiches).

Thanks

2. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Pretty much anything that just drops into the memory stick is safe-ie; your emulators, roms, and little homebrew apps, etc..Just make sure the programs and such are from a somewhat reliable source. The only thing you dont want to mess with is your flash0-that is the heart and soul of your PSP, and if you do happen to dabble with customizing your fonts and themes for your XMB-make certain that you back up that folder first (toggling usb flash0 in the recovery console)and save it in a safe place on your computer before making any changes!!...As far as powering off while loading a game-you may run the risk of corrupted files like your game saves and whatnot.

3. Pud1000

Pud1000 Regular member

whats scrum mean? Scrotom? Sock Plums? Im curious?

4. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

look-three members in the same thread that have screen names related to testicles!! what are the odds?

5. Pud1000

Pud1000 Regular member

Pud1000 has nothing to do with balls its my dogs name! LOL

6. scrum

scrum Member

LOL! Scrum has nothing to do with testicles either. It's short for scrumtralecent. Scrumtralecent comes from an SNL skit that I happened to be watching while playing Diablo II for the first time. I was creating a character when Will Farrell as James Lipton says to Alec Baldwin as Charles Nelson Reilly that his work on the Match game was "brilliant! No, no, no...there is no word to describe it's perfection...so I am forced to make one up...and I'm going to do so right now ...Scrumtralecent! Match Game was absolutely scrumtralecent!"

For some reason, I just thought that was hilarious. I used it as the name of my Diablo character and have used it as a name whenever I could ever since. I just You Tubed scrumtralecent and found it. Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcMbaS3lvyo