1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what now

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by brifa, May 27, 2007.

1. brifa

brifa Regular member

what r u doin with your banned xbox 360?well i just sold mine for a really good price...thinkin buying a ps3...give it a shot...but i made so many friends and now the good games comming....dont know what to do...what do u think?

2. itzjonny

itzjonny Regular member

Should have kept it; because theres news about some firmware that can unban consoles; but im not gonna promise you one this one yet; its not released and who knows if itll work.

if u want another 360 go for it; even get the elite?

3. brifa

brifa Regular member

hmm i really dont believe it..unban the 360...dont u think its weird?i got a hitachi drive theres no hope for those ones heeh

4. Skinner10

Skinner10 Member

Quite false. The new FW (iXtreme) will be more secure, but it will not unban consoles. It will only prevent your unbanned console from being banned.

As always, it still won't be a 100% guarantee, but c4eva has been working pretty hard on this one and thinks it will be quite awhile until MS can detect backups with this new FW.

5. brifa

brifa Regular member

when will b out this FW?

6. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

what itzjohnny said is rumoured to be true. quote from C4E mentions that the new firmware is going to be so much like m$ firmware that if you are banned and complain to them enough about being banned for no reason, they could then re scan your 360 and see there was nothing wrong with it and unban that serial number.

How true that is time will tell but that was apparantly taken from someone chatting to him on irc.

7. Skinner10

Skinner10 Member

Then why not just flash back to original FW and have them rescan the console?

There has been some discussion on this, but 1) no one has received a straight answer from MS 2) most agree that having MS actually unban the console is not very likely.

Last edited: May 28, 2007
  8. ThaJazz

ThaJazz Guest

if you like xboxlive then buy a new 360.since you already have a big friends base going over to sony network you wold have to start from scractch.and its not that good trust me i have both.

9. Memnock

Memnock Active member

I sold mine for an OK price. I put that money towards another 360 which had a Samsung drive that I modded and is on Live right now.

10. brifa

brifa Regular member

how to get a 360 with a samsung drive?how do i know if its a samsung?

11. Memnock

Memnock Active member

http://www.360drives.com

Sort the list by lot number and check the lot number on the box in the store. It's on the label with the bar codes. The list isn't 100% accurate, but it's pretty good.

12. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

The new firmware in-no-way will unban a console. What C4E stated was that the user may update to the new firmware and then call and complain to MS that they were banned for no reason. Then maybe MS will unban them.

All banned users were caught red handed. Do you really think MS will unban a console? Not at all. It's not even know what/how much info was collected about the users.

Think about this... the new firmware comes out. All of the sudden MS is being bombarded with calls from banned users saying that they never should have been banned. Come on, really, MS isn't stupid. Plus, it's not like these users are calling when they were banned. They just so happen to be calling after a new firmware is released. Anyone who tries this is just going to make themselves look like a jackass.

MS patrols these boards. They'll know exactly when the firmware is released. They'll download it like everyone else. They'll know exactly how it works.

13. jelle2503

jelle2503 Regular member

the good thing about it. once we have verification of what ms is doing, hackers can counter back again..

and it'll keep going like this.. i think MS won't spend too much on detection, since the know it's a lost case. because we have C4E MS is shitting their pants what steps to take next... ms can't compete.

the dvd-drive is in full control of the hackers, which is a good thing for us.

14. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

i think we lost this fight against microsoft.

15. Memnock

Memnock Active member

No I don't think we lost the fight against MS as long as there are still unbanned modders on Live. Also look at PSP. Things looked a bit bleak for while. Now any effort put out by Sony is a joke and just for appearances at best.

16. orbitor

orbitor Regular member

In the end MS will give up. The main thing they are concerned with is the sales of systems and xbox live memberships. After they figure out there is no use in trying to fight modders they will give up and put their r&d towards making more profitable hardware. Plus they say with the release of Halo 3 MS will be in the black on the 360.

17. brifa

brifa Regular member

give up MS r u insane them gates will hunt you down and suck yo money to the very last penny,,,bill dont even loan money to his own momma

18. steimy

steimy Active member

MS will give up? Ok obviously you people have never owned an Xbox before. The original Xbox was out for how long before the 360? And MS did the same thing with it. They banned you for modding it, using cheats online, upgrading the hard drive and about any other mod they were able to detect. Now softmodders eventually found a way around it but only by loading up an original BIOS and by the people using original games ( AKA Microsoft 1 modders 0 ). So if they have not given up in all this time what makes you think they will all of a sudden just throw their arms in the air and give in.

I truly think, and it would be logical, that MS has a department for coming up with and stopping modders on Live. And i am sure they are just as into it and enjoy it just as much as the modders do. Some things are a good thing. Like banning cheaters from Live. Without it Live would have been a lot less fun. Just look at the free systems like Xlink Kai and XBconnect. They have so many people cheating that in order to get into a game that is actually fun you have to either join a clan who boot cheaters, or set up private, password protected rooms for you and your friends. Other wise you are in a death match where half of the players can not even be killed. Yeah, loads of fun there.

Last edited: May 29, 2007
  19. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

No, M$ can compete, and in all likelihood they'll come out on top. These hackers are talented, don't get me wrong, but at the end of the day I'm sure they're not in as much control as the M$ techs are of their own hardware.
    Don't forget how big M$ is either: if they wanted to, they could hire in a whole team of pros to counter the firmware hacks and chips, and there is a slim chance that they'd lose.

20. Skinner10

Skinner10 Member

Only time will tell, but I still think it will be a long time before MS is able to detect backups with this newest FW.