1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what options for clonecd

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by bbiagllla, Mar 13, 2005.

1. bbiagllla

bbiagllla Regular member

when the options come up saying audio cd, data cd, game cd, or protected pc. which one to i pick. then when it goes to burn i am giving these choices again but which one should i pick the second time and what do each of them do.

2. Weycraze

Weycraze Regular member

Clone CD is a very powerfull RAW mode reader/writer when coupled with a proper system ASPI Layer.

Normally, a profile you select for reading is the same one you select for the writing process.

Firstly, you must determine if the cd you intend to back-up has copy protection on it.

A-Ray scanner is apparently one of the better scanning protection tools.

I like to just use google, ie.. "(your cd name here) cd protection", hit enter. 9 times out of 10 one of those first 5 hits will have the answer.

The 4 or 5 profiles that come with CloneCD are pretty generic, so its best to get copy protection specific profiles at www.makeabackup.com.

CloneCD may need other tools to help patch images it creates as well. Check the sticky threads in this forum as well, and google CloneCD forums for further info.

Profiles just tell CloneCD what options to use while it is either reading or writing.

You will need to install additional Profiles in ClonCD installed folder\profiles folder.