1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what paper stock do you use for covers?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by akirasan, Jan 24, 2005.

1. akirasan

akirasan Member

hey guys, just wondering what paper stock you use, for those of you that actually print paper covers for your dvd's and put them in the plastic cases. What is most like the original paper stock? i bought some epson premium glossy photo paper, which work great, but are of course really shiny and the text gets blurry even from good scans. Also it cost me around 50 bucks for 100 sheets from amazon. What do you guys use?

2. swervin

swervin Regular member

After trying many different brands and types, I found the premium photo paper that Staples sells is best, at least for me. I can't remember what I gave for it, but it's a lot cheaper than name brands and you can find it on sale a lot of the time. I used some Jetprint Photo paper that looked real good and printed great but would stick to the plastic covers. The blacks looked like crap. The Staples brand works great and doesn't stick.

Mike

3. J_man

J_man Regular member

Last edited: Jan 25, 2005
  4. sakmd

sakmd Member

I've been using DVD case inserts from a company called Sure Thing. Got their software and a pack of 100 inserts as a gift from a friend. The stock is matte paper(they call it super vibrant matte...not sure what the difference is between any other matte paper) and it's got a good thickness. The sheets are A4 size and come perforated. So I just load my artwork into the template provided in the software...resize if necessary....and print. Then just remove the perforated portions and slip it into the case. No need to crop, etc. The print quality is fantastic!

Before this, I had just been using heavy stock, bright white, inkjet paper. The results were fine...just hated having to crop to fit the size of the case. I tried some Kodak premium glossy paper I had (that I use to print photos) and didn't like the end result too much when printing covers.

If you're not happy with the glossy, try matte paper, with a good thickness to it, as J-man suggested...

If you'd like to see these Sure Thing case inserts they come in packs of 50 and 100), here's a link....

http://www.surething.com/ST/Product.asp?ProdCode=22011

sakmd