1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What printable brand to use?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by St.Anger, May 4, 2005.

1. St.Anger

St.Anger Guest

I'm fairly new to burning discs but I prefer to use printable discs as I have a photo printer. Does the brand really affect the quality of your copied DVD that much? What are the best printable discs to use? Right now I'm using Optodisc brand. I live in Canada, where is the best place to buy on-line/retail store? Thanks in advance.

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Do you want silver inkjet printables/silver thermal printable/regular ink jet white printables/or ink jet full hub printables?
    Prices do vary between them.

What format do you burn plus or dash?

Quality media is the #1 issue.The problems of lower quality media show up in your stand alones: freezing/skipping/jumping/and no disc inserted errors. The quality media will usually take care of this.

Each burner is different, Mine will burn both formats and play great on my personal pc's and standalones,but I do have trouble with the dash format on my dad's and a couple friends pcs. Therefore,I mainly use the Plus format.
    On my inkjet printable media, I only use verbatim data life plus +8x full hub printables. They look sweet. They have the mfg code of Mcc-003.Finding + format,quality full hub media isn't easy. I get them here:
    http://meritline.com/verbatim-8x-dvd-r-plus-inkjet-hub-printable.html

3. St.Anger

St.Anger Guest

What is the difference between regular inkjet printables and inkjet full hub printables?

I usually burn in plus but have used dash as well.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2005
  4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Full hub printables: The entire dvd is printable,except for about the inner 3 mms from the hole. The non-hub regular ink jet printables are further away from the inside hole,approximately 9 mms or so.The full hubs do look a lot better to me.

Here's my backup along with original on the full hub printable. My copy is on the bottom.The lighter cd labels don't look as good as the original,but the darker ones do.

[​IMG]