1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What programs to use?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by vodoo, Oct 22, 2003.

1. vodoo

vodoo Member

Hi,
    I have been using DVD decrypter,DVD shrink and Nero.But I was thinking of getting something like DVD X COPY Gold because I like larger movies on 2 disks.Is this program worth the big bucks?Is it buggie,does it work and is it easy to use.Are there any other programs to try?In Dvd shrink you can do almost anything can't you, like split movies remove extras or leave them in.I tried DVD2ONE but didn't see why everybody likes it over shrink.(maybe I'm missing something here)

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

do not waste your money on dvdxcopy! Dvd shrink is great, but it cant split movies onto 2 discs. Ifoedit can split movies to 2 discs and it is free.

3. Bodene

Bodene Regular member

Personally, I like DVD2One becuz it's so easy to to use. DVD Shrink does more than DVD2One, but it takes some experimenting and learning to get it to do precisely what u desire.

4. vodoo

vodoo Member

I should have mentioned I was running XP. I see that IFOEdit doesn't run on XP.
    So you are saying just use DVD Shrink or DVD2One because they are the best and the best value.
    I have used DVDShrink too split movies by using the start/end feature,is there another way.

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

They are free yes and very good quality. Using DVD Shrink and TMPGEnc DVD AUthor you can split DVD's to two discs.

6. DragnFist

DragnFist Member

Vodoo, although I haven't tried it myself, I have heard that IFOedit can be run in WinXP as long as you turn on the Win98 Compatability (right-click the icon and select compatability mode).

7. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

If you want to split a movie with DVD Shrink, all you have to do is reauthor twice. For the first disc, click the Start/End button and change the last chapter of the disc to the split point. For the second one click the Start/End button and change the first chapter of the disc. I have nothing against using IfoEdit for this - actually until DVD Shrink came along that's exactly what I did, but DVD Shrink definitely will do it and is definitely easier.

8. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

i stand corrected, never thought of that.