1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What PS2 Mod should I get?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by deanrover, Feb 10, 2005.

1. deanrover

deanrover Member

Sorry if this has been asked before. I looked in the FAQ, and it listed the alternatives, but did not answer this Q.

I have a UK PS2. I bought it maybe 18 months after the PS2 game out, so it is not slimline. For some reason, EAsports games are online compatible if you buy the U.S. versions, but not the European. Thus, I would like to be able to play U.S games as well as U.K.

I don't want to solder anything.

I am happy to put a chip in, I have installed RAM on a P.C., and anything vaguely similar would be OK.

Best would be not having to put a chip in.

I have checked out some URLs and my best bets seems to be either a slider or a fliptop. The slider is my preferred option.

Is it really that simple? You plug the slider in, do some swapping of disks, and hey presto!, Madden 2005 USA works on my PS2 ? Because if it was, then surely everyone would go for this, rather than a chip. It just seems too good to be true.

Thanks for your help,

Dean

2. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

It's As Simple As That. Pretty Simple. But You gotta have a SMALL Screwdriver though, and be careful you don't snap the screws when your unscrewing the front tray.

If You Haven't Seen The Instructions, then go here -

http://www.success-hk.com/manual/slide-tool/index.htm

Last edited: Feb 10, 2005
  3. steimy

steimy Active member

Buy a flip top, that way you don't even have to remove the front tray at all. You will still need the very small screwdriver, like one they use to fix eyeglasses with to take oss the cover to the drive inside when you install the flip top. But i know people who use the slide card method too and they seem to like it. I just prefer the fliptop myself.

4. deanrover

deanrover Member

Just to check:

i) I can buy either the slide or the flip top and it will work with my fatline PS2

ii) It will require minimal technical work.

iii) It will allow me to play USA games on my PS2.

iv) I can play these games online as long as I have a broadband modem.