1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What PS2 Model and MOD Device should I buy?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Melissa25, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Melissa25

Melissa25 Member

Ok I'm completely new to the PS2 world. Amazingly I've actually never ever owned a PS2. What can I say I never thought that it would last as long as it has.

In any case I'm a little confused about all the different aspects of modding. So I was wondering what the best model PS2 and modding device to buy is. I'd probably prefer a mod device that was user friendly, i.e. one that didn't require me to do any soddering. That swap magic boot disk thingie sounds interesting, does that work good?

Anyway, since I was just browsing eBay I thought I'd come here and ask the experts what I should look for.

Thanks!

2. steimy

steimy Active member

your best bet is to actually spend a few extra dollars and buy a premodded system with a good mod chip like Crystal Chip V2.0 or Matrix Infinity.
    DMS4 Pro SE is great if you plan to get a used fat model (like the V7) and then can add a hard drive and play games from that rather then the discs saving your laser life.

Also if you buy a slimline V12 and want a mod chip you must get a laser fix.
    check out teammodders.com for premodded systems.

The other method is using Swap Magic and one other mod (slidecard or fliptop for older fat models or Swap Magic and Magic Keys II for a slimline)
    Swap Magic method is cheaper but not nearly as user friendly as a good mod chip and will not have all the functions that a modchip can have.

3. raiderj

raiderj Regular member

Agreed.