1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What PS2 to get for HDAdvance 3.0/USB Xtreme

Discussion in 'PS2' started by yuppic1de, Nov 20, 2007.

1. yuppic1de

yuppic1de Member

Just bought HDAdvance 3.0 and USB Xtreme. It was a kit that came together in one package. It'll be here tommorow.

I do not yet have a PS2 or a hard drive.

What is the best model to get? I'd like to go purchase a brand new unit if possible so I don't have any trouble down the road.

My Girlfriend and her daughter had an old model, but we were fooling around and it fell off the shelf. As a result when you put in a disc it immediately ruins the disc with a circular scratch around it. :(

So, what PS2 should I get? What hard drive should I get IDE or USB external? What is better to use HDAdvance or USB Xtreme?

2. zooom1834

zooom1834 Regular member

if u drop the new one it will be screwed. If i were you i would get a fat ps2 and put a hdd in it because the usb hard drives take forever to transfer games onto like 5 hours for a cd game

3. yuppic1de

yuppic1de Member

Wow! 5 hours is crazy!

Anyway, I couldn't wait any longer. I went to Game Stop and got a used PS2 fat. They have them all sealed in boxes now, so I couldn't see what model it was. I think I got a V9.

My luck they also had a network adapter in too. They seem hard to find used.

I picked up a 320GB Maxtor hard drive with 16MB cache at Staples for $109.

Works freakin great! I put on some Guitar Hero games with custom songs, ripped some of our games to the hard drive, etc.

I just wish some movies wouldn't lock the system up.. I really wanted to play Fatal Frame II and III off the hard drive, and a big part of them is the movies. In II it locked up not too far into the game.

4. zooom1834

zooom1834 Regular member

There are a lot of patches so look around