1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What REALLY gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by baabaa, Jun 22, 2003.

1. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Well if the RIAA can legally get peoples home information, why cant you?

2. Phantom

Phantom Member

Yeah well the problem for me is, I was in first semester in medical school when it happened and was desperate for a laptop and knew this guy lived in Boston but I mean what can you do. If I hired a Lawyer it would have taken months to get court and I would have been out three thousand dollars or more trying to get the case through and who has time to make trips to court when you are in school, especially med school!!

I figured I lost five hundred dollars on the deal and would never go down that road again!

Sad cause I had so many other successes on ebay!

What they need is to have a middle man where they are like a Warehouse and you pay a ten dollar surecharge plus extra shipping costs. And what they need to do is cater to both the buyer and the seller. Buyer pays the middle man extra to handle the item. Once the middle man gets the item and meets the description and checks out, the middle man can tell the buyer it is all good and to send the money to the Seller. once the transaction is made the middle man sends the item to the seller. If the item is sent before payment is made, the middle man would be held responsible. If the item wasn't to the specs that the buyer signed on for, the Seller would recieve his item back and be charged for shipping.

SOmething like that !!

3. Dela

Yep that sounds pretty cool actually phantom, maybe u could propose that to them??

4. ABMone

ABMone Guest

you know what gets on my nevrvas is that damn cheap tickets ad on this site. goodness it blocks the whole damn screen every two seconds to where i cant even read in peace

5. Dela

lol hahahaha that is something to complain about with dRD ;-)

6. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Phantom sounds good. You could start your own small site using that method of trasaction and out compete eBay. Could be the next big thing and your system sets up to make a profit. Geting investors would be easy.

7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Phantom, ebay has the persons credit card dtails on file. Contact ebay and ask them for his name and address details. They may or may not give them, but considering you have been legally ripped off, its worth a try. If you can find out were he lives, buzz me and we'll go down and make him wish he hadnt ripped you off.

8. Phantom

Phantom Member

I not sure what the new rules are now oriphus but when this happened to me two years ago ebay would not give not give me any information other than the information I had already which was the address. Who knows if that was his real address in Boston...I exhausted everything on ebay and came to dead end..

But that would be funny if you and I showed up his door step and said hey
    remember me
    YEah well I am that guys your ripped off two years ago

and now we are going to make you pay!!=)

9. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

*hammer hammer hammer*

Imj ust putting the final nails into my baseball bat. I'll meet you in Boston tomorrow, ok! :)

10. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

yes EBAY! what a place...

there is a policy for buyers called ESCROW! it allows a third party to hold the money til the buyer accepts the goods sent! follow this link!

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/escrow.html

also ebay is a mad place yes peoples credit card details are there if legit people have done it! but people who rip off people can get on ebay with false details! i could make as many users as i wish on ebay! its very easy and put false credit card details in everytime.

Its a poor site and a rip off paypal system for buyers in the UK we get charged!

you must take ebay like this only spend what you can afford to loose as there are some bad ebayers out there! i only bid minimal amounts and usally buy from proper websites as new comes with a garantee! ebay does not have this, once paid for goodbye on most occasions.

I know a guy who paid £800 for a top computer system worth say £1500 8 weeks later nothing!!!

oh well it got lost in the post [not the sellers fault??????]

just my 2 pence worth...

Thx...._X_X_X_X_X_[small]XP 1700 TBred [o/c 2004mhz = 12X167/33 = FSB-334mhz]
    A7V8X SATA150/RAID 2x80 gig [Bios 1012]
    HERCULES 3D PROPHET [9700 Pro]
    XMS Corsair Platinum pc3500 2x512 1024 meg
    ENERMAX PSU 550watts
    [​IMG] [/small]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2003
  11. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, escrow works quite well, but it costs an average of £100 for items costing around the £1000. It's nearly 10% of the cost of the goods. But it is safe.

12. Dela

Another one - On aD when you get an article update but for some reason also get thread updates along with it! Thats annoying :)

13. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

What ads? I dont see shit... and I no I dont have a firewall/popup-+stopper etc running right now.

14. Dela

Running peer guardian praetor??

15. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

One thing that really bugs me is when you buy 3 bags of crisps, eat two, get to the last bag and find a holw in it and the crisps aer off. It just happened me :-(

16. ABMone

ABMone Guest

Praetor

Are you saying you get no ads on top of your page. or just none that take up the whole page

17. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Praetor, do you mean you don't get ads in the middle of messages. But you still get the ad at the top of the page? When I use Internet explorer, I get ads that are in the middle of peoples posts. But when I use Netscape 7.2, like write now, I only get the ad at the top of the page. To correct this problem I think we should just blow up Microsoft. Think, the computing world would be so much easier. The down side is so many people would be out of work. Just think how many people are employed just because Microsoft products don't work. Its a lot.

18. Dela

dRD has been meaning to fix that banner problem, it seems some banners like to literally jump anywhere they want on the page, or as we call them, skynet banners ;-) the banners with a mind of their own!

The reason why i dont see many ad's is peerguardian blocks a lot of them! lol

19. Phantom

Phantom Member

Pop adds are not too bad from my vantage point. Every now and then I will get a small pop up windown that will get little annoying but otherwise I guess my server connection or whatever is not triggering some of the full page adds you guys are getting!~!

Ouch that would be annoying...