1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What settings can i play Crysis on? Sapphire HD 3850 512mb

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by j0rdanzz, Jan 25, 2008.

1. j0rdanzz

j0rdanzz Guest

Hi,
    Up until now I have been using 2 Sapphire HD 3850's 512mb CrossFire and i have been playing Crysis and BioShock. One of my gfx cards stopped working and is being replaced but for now I am only running 1 3850. I can play Bioshock on all max settings at a resolution of 1680x1050. Iam getting a steady 60fps (using fraps to measure) and I have not overclocked. I have not tried Crysis yet. What resolution and setting should i be playing on? I would rather have a smaller resolution and higher quality. Thanks

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Um, there's already a thread for Crysis and this exact graphics card? lolol

3. j0rdanzz

j0rdanzz Guest

I dont know if it would make much of a difference but just after starting this thread I used ATI overdrive to see what it would OC my card to and the temps.

Originally:
    -Gpu Clock; 669mhz
    -Memory Clock: 829mhz
    -Temps: 68 idle, 74-80 load

OverClocked:
    -Gpu Clock: 709mhz
    -Memory Clock: 939mhz
    -Temps: 78-84idle, 89-97 load

(all in celcius)

Should i not overclock until i get some aftermarket cooling for my gfx card cause 95 sounds too high

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

95's not beyond what the card's capable of, but I wouldn't want it much higher. 90C or thereabouts is what you should be aiming for. Grab a Thermalright HR-03GT and you'll be laughing, fan or no fan.