1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what should i buy? firmwareflash vs modchip

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Czycz, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Czycz

Czycz Member

I want to buy a new xbox 360. I found an offer from a shop who sells complete packages of preflashed or premodded konsoles. It is a little bit more expensive then doing it myself but the upside is that they give me a complete warranty for the xbox which is a good thing because of the known hardware issues. They also have bundles including a flashed kreon samsung drive and a pioneer dl dvd burner. I read all the tutorials here and i think i understood how to create backups and stuff like that but i still have one big concern. I really want to use XBL. I have no problem using my original dvds for online play but i want to have backups for the offline play. In my shop they told me not to use XBL with a flashed firmware even if i use the original disc. They told me to buy a modded version like with the Xeno360 or the NME360 modchip. Those modded versions are a little bit more expensive (about 30€). Most of the talking in this forum is about flashing. But personally i don`t care for those 30 extra € because i just want to have a working system without beeing afraid of a ban by MS. So what do you experts advise me to buy.
    Sorry for my bad english.

2. mattym123

mattym123 Regular member

Personally,

I would Recommend a chipped 360 because,1, I have an NME 1.2 chipped console, and 2, I play on xbox live with originals only and with the backups i play offline, so to answer your question a chipped xbox 360 is what you should get, people bad mouth modchips too much here, I think that having a modchip is better then flashing because of its features,eg turn on/off LED light,disconnect from live when playing a backup, also, If you get an NME or Xeno you have to convert the games to NME-360 style. but that takes around 5 seconds which isn't a hassle.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  3. steimy

steimy Active member

most people go with firmware as it is free unless you have to buy an SATA card which is like $15