1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should i get ? slide card / flip top

Discussion in 'PS2' started by LILfeatha, Feb 5, 2005.

1. LILfeatha

LILfeatha Member

hey guys,

theres this guy who lives in Nebraska, USA and he can sell me a mod for my ps2.
    i decided my best options are either the slide card + swap magic (3.2) discs or the flip top + swap magic (3.2) discs.

now, i got a few questions:
    first off, the slide tool is 25$. i think i figured how to do it, although not exactly where to slide it, can someone send me a precise picture or movie or something that shows where i need to slide it to open the disc reader ? i already removed the tray.

and also, the flip top is 20$ + the swap magic discs which im not sure how much. will prolly be 35/40$ eventually.
    now, i have unscrewed my PS2, its still unscrewed till ill buy something, i opened it up, and then i saw that theres this silver cord connected to this case in the top right side of the case that is connected to the eject + power buttons. how the hell do i remove this case ? and i understand you put them in the flip top case.. how do i do that ?! can someone send me a movie / tutorial or something for this aswell ? link here if you want (no need to send cause you prolly wont know where to)

and lastly, do the swap magic discs (version 3.2) remove my region restriction ? because i have some PAL games and my ps2 is NTSC.
    my ps2 info:
    NTSC bought in the USA.
    SCPH-39001 Version 7.

Thanks alot and please help i really wanna play all the backups i have already :p

Thanks,

LILfeatha

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

get the fliptop, its a lot easier to use.

3. LILfeatha

LILfeatha Member

thats what i think i will do... i need to figure out how to get the silver cord and eject button and power button out and into the flip top. read what i wrote.

plz help me out guys!

Thanks,

LILfeatha

4. bzboarder

bzboarder Guest

alrighty, lemme tell you what i can. first with the slide tool. basically what youre sliding is the manual eject pin/cog to kick out the tray (all CD/DVD drives have them, on your computer version you will notice a little hole under the tray, you would use a paperclip to do the same thing). the official swap magic website (http://www.swapmagic3.com) has detailed pictures with their instuctions, however at the time i was writing this, the site was down so heres another site with some good instructions/pictures: http://ultimateconsoleguides.com/SlideCard_Inst.pdf . also, it is not really necessary to buy the slide card, you can make one out of stock of plastic like i did for a friend (the instructions can be found online) or use a knife (not really recommended).

with all that said, it is easier to use the fliptop as sly said (by the way, sly is a genius, listen to what that guy says) and i would recommend it over the slide card. its very easy to install the flip top, just unscrew the screws on the bottom (under the little pads) then slide the top back on just as the original came off. my v10 didnt have the ribbon but my friends v7 did and we taped it down when we put his on. here are some instructions: http://www.ps2cover.com/coverinstallation.jpg

it took me like 5 -10 min to install the top. its so easy, go with that.

as for the region restrictions, i dont think swap magic will remove them, but as i have not tried it before i could be wrong.

5. r0c0

r0c0 Guest

just buy the slide tool and swapmagic as it will save u money , but for easy swapping buy a fliptop .

6. captnkidd

captnkidd Guest

Buy a HD and install game to that. No laser wear, fast as he*l load times.

C

7. Real1

Real1 Member

I bought the flip top.... the power/eject buttons come out easily... the only real work is remounting the dust cover doors on the mem card slots.... the whole job took less than 10 minutes......... I love my fliptop... and I also have a HD so its extra sweet to copy burned games to my HD and play them.... it really does load a lot faster. 16 games and counting on a (yes I broke down and bought one) $ony HD with help from HD advance...... just wish I had seen the cool chrome flip tops before I bought the plain black one... oh well.

8. LILfeatha

LILfeatha Member

can u guys tell me what i need to load my games from the HD ? will it work on version 7 ? where do i put the HD? what do i need ? are the games just supposed to be in iso/bin + cue formats or what ? and in dirs or all in same top folder in HD ?

also, about the flip top... the buttons dont come out, its not easy, its not just pushing them both at the same time till it pops up with the silver cord and then do the opposite to get in flip top. i think you have to take some part off somehow or something..
    can someone please help me choose ? but first i wanna make sure ill know how to get it working. so i know the slide tool already, now theres this HD thing and the flip top.

Thanks,

LILfeatha

9. LILfeatha

LILfeatha Member

please help me guys.

thanks

10. bzboarder

bzboarder Guest

if you would have looked at the instructions i linked you would have seen that for v7 PS2 there is a harness holding in the eject buttons to the lid. v10 do not have that. it is easy to remove them, you just need to have the lid off.

HDD info can be found here: http://www.ps2nfo.com/hddfaq.html

11. shine87

shine87 Member

To take out the power/eject buttons, you have to lift it up not sideways and it will click out. I had the same problem it took me ages to figure out

12. LILfeatha

LILfeatha Member

hmm.. im still not completely getting it.. i have the lid off (if u mean the case...) and theres this silver cord.. is that the harness you're taking about ? because if it is... it connects the eject and poewr buttons and its not just a normal harness. i have no make sure it wont get hit during the time i take the buttons out and when i plug them back in the flip top.
    can someone explain to me or maybe have a thorough tutorial / video on how to take the eject + power buttons out and into the flip top ?
    i think i might make a video on how to do this for guys who will need help in the future.. lol

Thanks,

LILfeatha

13. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you don't disconnect the ribbon, the whole plastic piece that its connected to (with the eject/reset buttons) comes out. you just have to give it a little tug.

14. LILfeatha

LILfeatha Member

i know that.. but how do you take it out ?! and then how do you put it back in to the flip top case ?
    it sounds real simple, and now this guy i wanted to buy it off doesnt reply, can someone give me a site that sells a flip top for cheap and accepts some sort of check (personal check best) preferably in the US.
    also sly, any chance you have icq/msn/aim ? ill PM you my details, just tell me which one you'll have. will be more comfy

Thanks,

LILfeatha

15. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you just pull it out, its not that complicated. Didn't you already buy a top?

16. LILfeatha

LILfeatha Member

no i havent.
    and what do i pull out ? its stuck in, i tried maybe pushing those 2 buttons together but it wont do. you cant pull it out...
    maybe its not like that in my version ? do you want some pictures or something ? i think theres this tiny black knob holding it in place aswell.

Thanks,

LILfeatha

17. LILfeatha

LILfeatha Member

ok, so the guy will get me the stuff, he says the flip top is 20$ and then the swap magic discs are 25$. ends up 45$, is this a good price ? i dont care if its more expensive by like 5$ than other places, but if theres a large difference then i'd like to know, and the site has to accept checks :p
    now, can someone please help me figure this out ? i dont wanna end up screwed because i won't figure it out and accidently break that small case where the silver cord connects to the power + eject buttons...

please help so i can buy something already!

LILfeatha

18. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

$45 is about right.

19. LILfeatha

LILfeatha Member

ok cool.

can you or someone else help me though ? my question is in the main post i think. i want the flip top i guess, i just wanna know how to take that case with the power + eject buttons out so i can throw that case and put the flip top instead and then how do i plug them into the flip top case ? if ill know this im ready! :p right ? heh

Thanks,

LILfeatha

20. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

I told you, it just pulls out. Its just held in by friction.