1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should i get

Discussion in 'PS2' started by heya_hoya, Dec 14, 2004.

1. heya_hoya

heya_hoya Member

hey all i just wanted ur opinion on the best way to play backup or burnt ps2 games.

i dont like the idea of soldering something into my ps2 and so i was thinking a swap magic thingy, but i was wondering how i should go about swaping discs? is it better or easy or cheaper to swap with a swap card or a flip top?

is a mod chip more reliable or in some way more effective than the swap magic method?

thanks in advanced for any advice you can give.

2. yudda111

yudda111 Guest

i think swap magic is more safer for your ps2 i have swap magic3.3 and it is really easy,it takes seconds to switch to your backup,any retard like me could do it!but i have a slim pstwo and i did the softmod so that the swap magic works.it as been almost 3 weeks and i have already like 30 games now and they work perfectly noproblem.i was going to get a modchip for it but they said there was a laser burnout so got swap magic3.3.i got my swap magic3.3 at www.consolesource.com i got it after 2 days that i ordered.but if you what to mod it,you sould go for dm4,matrix infinity or crystal chip,these are pretty much the best modchip that you can get at this moment.

3. heya_hoya

heya_hoya Member

thanks. but why do people gets chips which are harder to put in and risk damage to ur ps2 if you can just use swap magic?

n wat is better a slide tool or a flip top?

4. atlnicca

atlnicca Regular member

we get solder in chips because once their install they are actually pretty safe, and less hassle to boot up games (they auto-boot with no need to swap disks). plus, depending on what chip you got, you might be able to update it when a new type of copy protection is introduced and then cracked, and also some have more features that you just cant get with swap magic.