1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what software do I need to edit homemade DVD's?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bert1c, May 26, 2007.

1. bert1c

bert1c Guest

I have several homemade DVD's, some copied from home video cassettes and some copied from my "storebought" movies on both Dvd and VCR ..I have an Insignia DVD/VCR recorder. When I put the DVD (both +R and +RW) into my DVD drive on my computer, for editing purposes, I cannot import the files into my MovieMaker or anything else I have, the files show up as Video_RM and Video_TS...Is there anything out there that would help me to edit and remake these DVD's? Preferably Free software.

2. attar

attar Senior member

Not free, but I think you have thirty days without restrictions.

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/tmpgenc_dvd_author_guide.cfm

The DVD's that you have (Video_RM)is probably a non standard way of storing DVD files.
    VIDEO_TS sounds like a standard format.In this instance if you examine the contents it probably contains .VOB files which are the actual video.
    In the _RM case, I'm not sure if TMPGenc would open it, but if you ripped the disk with DVD Decrypter to the hard drive a standard DVD folder would be created and that might let Movie Maker accept it.

Good luck.