1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What software do I need?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Mr_Del, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

I am starting my own workplace and need some software. I need something that will keep track of all the customers information. These are the fetures I need.

-Main program screen shows basic (my) company information. It Also must have a list of all the clients. Clicking a name will bring up the following database.
    -Main screen may just show their name, adress, how much they have paid, and how many times I went there.
    -Then there would be a section where I keep track of thier computer problems and what was done to fix it.
    -Then another section that can keep all scanned, PDF or whatever programs format, Documents related to them.
    -Guess what, annother section that would keep all e-mails to and from the client.
    -Must have a place that shows all billing activity.

I am sure there is more I would want it to do but don't know right now. It must be customizable on all sections. Every section should have a clickable link to the other sections or tabs on the side. I have been unable to find anything on the net that does all of this. I do have Acess but dont know if it can do all of this and I dont know how to use it. If it can then its time teach myself.

Thanks,
    -Del

2. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Hey Del,

Well, you are definately on the right path. What you need to do is create your own little database. Yes, you are right, Access is a pretty decent program, however, you can use Dreamweaver is you want to create an online database.

If you are looking to keep the info private which I am assuming that you are, you might want to consider using Access.

But if you are looking for software other that MS Access, I searched google and found this:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=creating+a+database&btnG=Google+Search

Hope this helps you well on your way!

;)