1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what software do you all use for backing up dvd's

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by EMMA129, Jan 24, 2005.

1. EMMA129

EMMA129 Member

can people give me there opinion on the best software im using nero at the moment but it takes up A LOT if not all of my system resources so im using alcohol as an alternative, is alcohol as good as nero or is there better let me know what ya'll think

thanx
    emma

2. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

You've posted this question in two fora. Not a nice thing to do.

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

bazilla,

Do you have a link for the double post?

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I don't know if Emma has posted this before, but if you do a search you will find this subject has been disscussed in depth on this Forum.

Rule

5. EMMA129

EMMA129 Member

Bazilla do you have a personnal grudge against me or something or do you just have nothing better to do in your life than go round forums to see what you can whine about

6. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

well wether you have doulbe posted i dont know, but 2 posts down from yours at last look, in advanced users forum is http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/145171 what dvd burning programs are your favourites??? a search would have found this

7. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

I hear the thunder.
    [​IMG]

8. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

flip,

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/151544

While the subject header varies slightly, the post is word for word the same, as if cut and pasted. Even down to the bad grammar and runnon sentence structure.

Emma,

I think I like you. You've got "moxy." But rules are rules. Usually, there's a reason behind them. If I came on a bit strong, it is because your's was the second double post I saw yesterday. And in the other, I had taken the time to try to help out with an answer, only to find that the cross post had become the active discussion for that poster's question. In other words, I had wasted my time.

9. andmerr

andmerr Guest

@ EMMA129 : he probably doesnt have a grudge against you , hes just helping the forum and would have read the rules.Posting the same question across a couple of different areas isnt permitted .(dont sweat it we all did when we first started but i'm pretty sure Drd rebuked me)

Maybe you might enlighten us to what your current system is???????
    Are you doing other things at the same time during the encoding phase.If you are dont.It may not happen over night but it is possible to stress your system to the stage where it doesnt work anymore

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2005
  10. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I'm with bazilla on this one :)

This is hapopening more and more frrequently on the forum and it can really be frustrating when your trying to help people. I have run into the same exact thing several times. I answered the persons questions in depth and then while looking around on the Forum I see the same exact question again. Don't get me wrong I love AD and wouldn't change a thing the only thing I ask is when you are using the Forum maybe they could make part of the requirment for signing up is to read each and every rule before they are allowed access? Just a thought :) The other thing that I have seen very often lately is the same questions beeing asked over and over and over. I mean arent you all tired of asking about how to copy the new DVD's RE, Forgotten, and so on... Jeez do a quick search and you would save yourself as well as other members valuable time.

OK I'm done venting now :) Nothing against you EMMA129 nothing at all. Everyone has probably double posted before, and now that you know the rules I am sure you won't do it again :) As far as your question goes well Nero is an excellent burning program, and it shouldnt be using to many resources while burning a disk? When exactly are you noticing the resources being drained? Is it while burning a DVD? Or are you using Recode? Recode will use a lot of resources, but so will any other proggy that is rendering video/audio.
    You could try Copy To DVD if you want to try something else it works very good and uses little to no resources at all. :)