1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Software for best DVD back-up's

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Meycam1, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Meycam1

Meycam1 Guest

Hi, I just wanted to know what the advanced users think is the best software to use to burn whole discs extras and all. I am now using IcopyDVDs2 and DVD43, but I can not use this to get rid of things to make it fit on a single disc. It only does just movie or whole disc and if the disc is to big it does not even tell you it just stays dark. Also should I uninstall what I'm using now before I install something new?
    Thanks.

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Use DVD Shrink with Nero 6 installed. Yes uninstall current software before installing.

3. RedAnt

RedAnt Regular member

DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter is also a good combo if you don’t have Nero and both program are free how can you go wrong with that.

4. Discmania

Discmania Active member

It's not necessary to use Decrypter with Shrink.

5. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I agree with RedAnt ... If you don't have Nero, DVD Shrink and DVD Decrytper are a great combo.

6. Discmania

Discmania Active member

sure...but I don't understand why you need to rip seperately with Decrypter when Shrink does it all in one?

7. Meycam1

Meycam1 Guest

Thanks for the feedback. For any of these I should remove my current software though, Correct?

8. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Not necessarily. It is important not to have two applications containing burning rom though. Decide which one you want and remove any others first.

9. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

It has nothing to do with needing a seperate ripper. DVD Shrink doesn't burn. So if you don't want to buy Nero ... DVD Decrypter is the best alternative (it's free).