1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what software is best?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by dj_storm, Dec 26, 2003.

1. dj_storm

dj_storm Member

Which is the best software to use for burning dvd-r to dvd-r on the fly.I was using nero 5.5 but just purchased a new pioneer 106 and nero 5.5 wouldn't recognise the drive.I upgraded to nero 6 but its a real resource hog and wont let me do anything else while burning a disk.
    I've a good spec pc and need to be able to do other functions while burning.Like surf the web or print covers.So please recomend a program that will serve my needs?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well I have a Good Spec PC also (P-4 2.8ghz 512mb 333mhz-Ram)) But I still can not do anything while Burning or else Risk Buffer Underruns, It is Like this even with My Work Computer which is 4 times as Fast as My PC, This is Just the way it is..I can Surf the Web and other Stuff as Long as there isn"t any sudden Disk useage or Ram/Cache Useage and even then it will usually work OK But still from time to time I still will get a Buffer Underrun Problem with the Burned DVD if I try to do anything that takes up to many resources, so Now I just wait the 20 minutes for the Disk to burn and then Finnish what I was doing...There is a Feature in DVD-Lab when Burning that is called "Run On Backround" which lets you Author your DVD and still Do other stuff on the PC but it takes 2-3 times as Long to Burn a DVD...Good Luck

3. pulsar

pulsar Active member

shut all your applications down before burning dvds, the process is far more sensitive than cd burning, its to do with the laser, dvd lasers are much smaller in comparison with cd, therefore infinitely, more prone to tripping up at the drop of a hat, I even turn off my desktop background & screensaver whenever I do any burning. I use dvdx platinum from 321 studios, sony dru510a, 1 gig ram, athlon 2600 clocked to 2.2, with fsb of 173 to keep the system stable, usuing an MSI k72n delta board, be carful with the media you use I use packard bell, I learnt not to use cheaper media through 70% fail rate!. You should just experiment with your system, what is right for me may not necessarily good for you. dvd express works ok for with almost none existant failure rate through software, compression quality is very good

4. pulsar

pulsar Active member

by the way , go to 321 studios.com, they have a list of compatible burners etc, also what software NOT to have installed, some software WILL corrupt the burning process, this is thanks to hollywood! YOu get free updates, & they even E-mail you to tell you about them too, marvellous, go to FAQ section on their website. hope this is some help good luck & happy burning!!

5. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Aye burning on the fly is not really a brilliant idea by the industry as a whole hehe

6. dj_storm

dj_storm Member

thanx for the help guys!! :)