1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What software to use?

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by etsmith3, Mar 30, 2005.

1. etsmith3

etsmith3 Member

Ok here is where I am stuck, I can capture video fine using a few different ways, but thats not what Im trying to achieve now. I want to be able to play my Xbox on cpu with the best video quality.
    So lets start with the basics
    I have 2 different types of capture cards.
    1.WinTV-PVR 150
    2.Nvidia Geforce 5600 FX 256MB, which has DVI out,
    S-Video and Composite in/out, monitor out.
    I am running Windows Media Center 2004
    Intel Pentium 2.8Ghz Processor
    1Gig Ram
    Plenty of HDD space

Ok now for the method I am currently using.
    Since my WinTV card has a 2 second buffer delay, I only really use it for the My TV portion of Media Center, it records TV Great and the Quality is AWSOME!
    So I use my video card's composite input and nero burn 6 video capture and just full screen the preview.
    The problem is, its not really designed to be used like that and the pic is a little buggy not too bad though, just shakes a little bit, but if I record my self playing the captured video is perfect, expecially when I put it on dvd, looks just like I was playing it, so obviously this method works pretty well, just need to get rid of that shake.

So now for my hopeful resolve,
    Anyone know of any software that you can watch live video from a selected video source?
    Or better yet know how to get rid of that damn 2 second buffer on a WinTV-PVR 150? This way I can just run it through my WinTV card and play it right in Media Center.

2. permatex

permatex Regular member

cyberlink has a program called powerproducer-3.go to gocyberlink.com and check the specs of this program to see if it can work for you.

3. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Intervideo WinDVD Platinum.
    Excellent output to TV, and you can still use the computer for other things.

4. mikemmx

mikemmx Member

hey , mister "rebootjim" do you have problems editing the program captued?

NVM I just DLed the trial version have the save problem as windvr.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2005
  5. etsmith3

etsmith3 Member

Ok fellas I have fixed,
    Using WinDVR I can pick from any of my capture devices, and for some strange reason it gets rid of the 2 sec. buffer on my Win-PVR 150. I emailed hauppauge and in the reply they said it was impossible.....
    So with that said if anyone is wanting a good capture program, try that, I have used it to play xbox on cpu and captured some new maps I made for halo 2 and the capture looked awsome not a single frame dropped,
    Thanks for your input though.