1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what software you using with your sony dvd writer?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by mattbell, Mar 2, 2003.

1. mattbell

mattbell Guest

i have a sony dw-u10a drive with the firmware changed to a dru-500a version 1.0g and am attempting to use white label 2 speed dvd-r and keep making coasters!! basically all the files are there but the discs wont boot up in the chipped ps2 (v 7 with a messiah 2 chip)

i have tried a back up using nero (5.5.10.7) in 2 ways, extracting image to hdd then burning to dvd, and using the copy dvd wizard, both failed to write the disc!! so i then tried recordnow max 4.5 thinking nero was the problem, i made a global image of the disc and then burned that to a dvd-r, this burned error free but wont boot up in the ps2??

so as above please... what software you using, what method you using, what drive you got and what media you using?

i doubt its a media issue bacause i have successfully backed up a few movie dvd's using smartripper, dvd2one and nero. i could be wrong tho. im kinda new to dvd writing so am far from being an expert here.

help please :)

cheers....matt

2. mattbell

mattbell Guest

BTTT please

3. mattbell

mattbell Guest

so no-one has a sony drive then?

please help

matt

4. T-Minus10

T-Minus10 Regular member

I use nero. Get the newer version. 5.5.10.7 is known to have problems.

If nero doesn't work, I doubt anything will work but you can try PrimoDVD or DVD Decrypter (free).

Download DVD Decryptor here:

http://www.doom9.org/software.htm

5. mattbell

mattbell Guest

ok will try another version but that is the latest one (i got it from ahead website). is it a case of it not being tried and tested properly then?

matt

6. T-Minus10

T-Minus10 Regular member

7. mattbell

mattbell Guest

aaaahhhhhh that may well explain it then. im sure i got it off ahead site tho, was only about 3 weeks ago, anyways never mind ta for info.

ive also bought some proper branded media now too.

matt