1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What software

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jadair75, Jan 12, 2007.

1. jadair75

jadair75 Member

I recently had a DMs4 lite version mod chip installed on my ps2. before i could use DVD decrypter with the swap magic i had and the games would work but now with this mod chip i burned a couple games to 2 different medias Imation DVD+R and Sony DVD+R both did not work.. i set the speed to 2X and the files for the game are ISO or MDS. do i have to use different media or software what gives??

2. steimy

steimy Active member

do you know if the chip was flashed with ToxicBIOS?
    If not it will not play back ups.
    http://www.teamtoxic.com.cn/

DVD Decrypter is what i always used, so you have the right program.
    you can throw the Imation discs in the trash, they are complete junk and will wear out your laser.
    The Sony may be ok. and 2X may be too slow if you are using a disc above 4X speed. If you use 8X speed DVD's then you should burn games at 4X. I would also try DVD-R (8X speed), some systems just have problems reading +R, if yours had no problems reading them before you should be ok. But learning if your burner can bootype and if it can bopoktyping all DVD+R to DVD-Rom will make them run smoother.

3. jadair75

jadair75 Member

thanks i will try memorex DVD-r also the booktyping part how do i figure out what drive to use for it, I have a gateway desktop with TSScorp drive (whatever that is)

4. jadair75

jadair75 Member

please help i used the toxic bios setup and flashed my dms4 lite version, the toxic os or bios is not compatible with the dms4 lite version