Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by monkeykid, Apr 16, 2005.
What kind should i get? If i get a swap magic one what else will i need?
Swap magic are cd's/DVD's that let you play backups it's not a modchip. But if you want to get a modchip then I think you should go with a dms brand, I hear they're really good.
Man, that is a really debatable question!
Swap Magic is a type of softmod, check out this page to learn more, http://webpages.charter.net/modchipzone/softmodding.htm
Modchips are little mini like motherboards that require you to solder wires to little points on your ps2 motherboard.
Here is a list of good mod chips (the first 4 on the list are ones you can use in the slim ps2)
1) Matrix Infinity, http://webpages.charter.net/modchipzone/matrix.htm
2) DMS4Pro/Lite http://webpages.charter.net/modchipzone/dms4pro.htm
3) Crystal Chip http://www.crystal-chips.com/index.php?page=prod_cc1
4) Magic V KX http://www.chipzone.com/shop/showdetl.cfm?&DID=12&Product_ID=303&CATID=2
5) Duo2se http://webpages.charter.net/modchipzone/duo2se.htm
6) MarsIII MA 502 http://www.mod-chip.com/index2.php?go=en/select_ps2_main.htm
No. 1 or 2 from that list if you want to play dl backups.
Have the DMS4 Pro myself. And with a free flash that you can get online it will do just about everything you could need.
Loads backups without any swapping, load PAL & NTSC, loads DVD's from any region, can use AR Max without any extra steps then you would have with an original. And much more.
Separate names with a comma.