1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What speed to burn at?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by xcp, Apr 21, 2005.

1. xcp

xcp Member

Ok I am really confused. Is there a perfect speed to use when burning backups. I have read the slower the better. But I have burnt a copy of THUG2 at 8x and it worked better than the original. I then burnt a copy of SW: Battlefront at 4x. I had previously tried that game at 8x and 2.4x and they didnt work. What is the best speed to use?

2. nswolter

nswolter Regular member

looks like 4x is the key

3. xcp

xcp Member

but the THUG2 game works better than the original at 8x but the other game wouldnt work at that speed. So should I burn all my games at 4x? I burn all my movies at max speed and they work great.

4. nswolter

nswolter Regular member

I just know that if you tell decrypter to do 1x, it does 4 anyway for the most part, hursty does 4x and he seems to know his shit, otherwise im just a newbie too, just kinda puttin in my two cents on what ive seen

5. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

1X is the best. But u can only do 1X if your media allows u so. Also it depends on your DVD-writer, not all dvd-writers can write at 1x.

6. paddymail

paddymail Regular member

I've used 8 speed for all my backups, and like you said ..they work better than the originals in some cases and at least as good in the others. I use dvddecrypter/nero reloaded for straight copies and dvddecrypter/isobuster/cdvdgen/dos for the rebuilt copies ALL at 8 speed write on my NEC ND3520A writer using verbatim or ritek g04 or ritek g05.

Hope that helps

7. paddymail

paddymail Regular member

oops I forgot to mention in the rebuilt backups that I use NERO reloaded to burn it after using DOS