1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what speed to burn ps2 games

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by monkeyfis, Mar 20, 2005.

1. monkeyfis

monkeyfis Member

ive been told to ps2 games in alcohol 120 at the lowest speed by one forum and another forum had a guide and said burn at maximum.when i try to play games with swap magic screen goes red then black but stays black someone please help

2. Manh

Manh Regular member

burn the games at a slow speed man, try 1x, 2x, dont go any faster, will either skip, or not work at all

3. keras

keras Regular member

*agrees with the above poster*

4. geoffbob3

geoffbob3 Regular member

born all of mine at 4x using ritek 05 and i have a pioneer 109 and have not had any problems at all

5. J30Accord

J30Accord Member

I never understood why burn at a slower speed, I burn at 8x on verbatim dvd-r, over 50 titles no problems. I've also used maxell with no problems.

6. steimy

steimy Active member

burning at the lowest speed just gives you better quality backups.
    Mine always burn at 3.8X with my Sony burner and the Phillips discs and they work every time. I set DVD Decrypter to 1X, but i guess either the burner or the discs cause it to burn at another speed. Since it always works i don't question it.
    As for the screen going red then black, are you using GOOD media to burn the games to? PS2's can be very picky about what type they like. Some like +R some like -R and some have no problem with either. Also must be quality media for the best results like TDK, Phillips,Ritek