1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what supports .ace 4 sftwr bkup to cd-r

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by musiqman, Jun 12, 2004.

1. musiqman

musiqman Member

And the winner of the noob question of the day goes to musiqman! I own the following {cdrwin,alcohol120,nero,winiso}
    now does any of these support ace files for burning an image. The reason I ask is because I am familiar with mds/mdf and cue/bin files but not with .ace files. So which is the easiest to use. Its rather small software that I want to backup at 480MB. should I convert it somehow are keep it as .ace. Cause if I keep it as ace I am green all over. Any help would be much appreciated.And one more thing, should I have some kind of cue or mds with a ace file.

p.s I have been looking for a forum that I could answer but preety green compared to most but if I keep learning surley I can eventually contribute.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2004
  2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

ACE files are not images they are archives. Use WinRAR/WinACE to extract.

3. musiqman

musiqman Member

Alright praetor first let me once again thank you for your help. Ok heres the situation I try to extract the ace files with winrar and a diagnostics box comes up and says the archive is corrupt. (1). Is there a archive scanner eg. cd mage, (2). IN my winrar window it shows a cue an image and a ccd strugglin if you could help I would be very thankful once again.

4. Praetor

With ACE files, you might be able to peform repair operations using WinRAR or WinACE (open up the ACE file and look for repair in the tool menu somwehre). I dont think you will be able to repair it though but its always worth a shot.

Not sure what the question/problem is

5. musiqman

musiqman Member

Sorry it took me so long to write back, once again thank you for the wisdom you guys are the best. What I meant was that would the files appear in the winrar box if it says error. Its shows a image a cue and a ccd I hit extract then the box appears but how does it know what the files are and size Its just that I think its a user error and not a file error.

One more thing, I have pc software that Im backing up. Now I just converted it to cue/bin the thing is Im burning coasters now. I read stuff on here before but cant find it again I type burning coasters in the search and 2 posts come up about dvd's that has little to do with my situation. Im using alcohol120 and setting it at dao/sao checking the write box and the buffer underrun technology. and setting the dattype to customize. And keep getting coasters. Now do I try to use cd mage to see if its protected because I cant seem to check the bin for file corruption on cd mage. So my question is Am I doing the burn right with alcohol120 cause I once again strugglin noob in need thanx to praetor and every one else that helps noob like me.

6. Praetor

I think they would unless the file is REAAALY corrupted

Seems like file error to me :)

As for the coasters, burn sloooower :)

7. musiqman

musiqman Member

sorry for the long time getting back I went camping. Anyhow I burnt slower and solved that problem as far as the ace files go It seems as though they are corrupted. Used other rar. and ace. files and no problems so thanx again :)