1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Taiyo Yuden to get?? are there "fakes"

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by bizzle93, Feb 21, 2005.

1. bizzle93

bizzle93 Member

when I 1st started burning DVD's everyone said to get Ritek....so I went to meritline and bought a 50 pack of Ritek...however they were not the Ridata Branded, I guess they were fakes, a bunch of coasters and $50 later I learned my lesson ONLY BUY THE Ridata Branded. Now I want to try the Taiyo Yuden's out but don't want to make the same mistake. are there Taiyo Yuden "fakes" ?? these are what plan to order:

http://www.meritline.com/taiyo-yuden-8x-dvd-r-silver-thermal.html
    50 Pack Taiyo Yuden 8X DVD-R Media 4.7GB Silver Thermal Lacquer(DVD-R47ZZSB8), $0.49 each

Are these The ones I want?? .49 sounds kinda cheap.

let me know before I waste $$

Thanks.

2. 222333444

222333444 Member

Sounds like a good price, however they are made for thermal printers which are either $1000 plus expensive or low quality simple text. I have a bunch of them left and have since switched to ink jet printables which are qick, easy and high quality to print. If you like to use markers they will work well though.

3. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

Those are them. I've gone through a few 100 of them without a problem. There have been some accusations of other brands faking the TY MID, but I don't know how prevalent it is, and it's usually with no name brands. Go with those and you'll be fine.

fyi, TY brand discs carry no identirying marks, on the discs themselves or on the packaging.