1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what the heck???

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by Inurface, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Inurface

Inurface Member

I just got the swapmagic 3.3 and slim tools and i put it in and it worked.... but when i tried toplay my backup it said it wasnt a valid ps2 disc! I burned with DVD decrypter and used a Verbatim DVD+RW disc! Why isnt it working?????

2. recondo

recondo Guest

Im pretty sure that the play station wont read -+RW discs just get some good brand of DVD-R. The brands I like are Ritek & Taiyo Yuden. Make sure you burn no faster than 2x.

3. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

ps2 will not read any rewritable dics. stick to dvd-r preferably ritek g05 :)

4. WEStar

WEStar Active member

I wish people knew facts before they posted. Some ps2s do read RW discs it varies unit to unit, saying ps2 won't read RW is just wrong. So, infact the problem with you could be that you're using RW but I wanted to clear things up.

5. recondo

recondo Guest

well I wasnt sure so I checked my manual, for my v12 and it says it will play DVD-RW.