1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what the hell's wrong with the world?...

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by seamonkey, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

You're supposed to treat each others as equally AS YOU CAN, but no one said anything about everyone WAS equal.

Call me crazy, but money doesn't mean jack shit to me, what is important to me is the objects I get WITH the money.

Call me crazy again, but if everything in the world was free, and we never thought about a thing called "Green paper", maybe a lot of problems would be solved. Maybe humanity would even be more advanced than it is now.

2. MaGic_MoD

MaGic_MoD Guest

The world sucks, too many things in this world, and not enough time to expirence them. We work 65% of our lives, we sleep 25% of our lives, and we spend the other 10% doing the things we wish we had more time to do. Everyday I wake up take a shower go to school for 3 hours, go home eat lunch, go to work, get off around 7 come home play PS2 for awhile, surf the web, go to sleep, wake up the next day and it starts all over, my only day for rest is Sunday, and it goes by so fast and then I have to wait for the next one to come around. If only we could work 25% of our lives instead of 65%, like the millionaires, and use the remainder to do what we want to do, and not do what we only have enough time to do. Life is too damn short, and as far as I know we only get one, and it goes by so fast and we have to work the majority of it, and not expirence all the wonderful things we wish we could, but we can't due to lack of time, money, or both. I just wished I could work a week, take a week off, work a week, take a week off...and so on, wouldn't that kick ass! My 2cents..

3. moondude

moondude Guest

4. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Green ain't worth jackshit to me. It's the stuff I get with that green that holds importance.

5. john179

john179 Active member

MaGic_MoD thanks for the perfect description of life i think this is the same for all of that have to work so much to make ends meat.The way the Goverment in the UK go about thinks is all wrong.Me i would love them to follow suit of the German who work alot less for higher pay giving them a better quality of life.They may not all be better off than us but they work less for the same and sometimes more pay and have more time off than us to do what they want.All in all time is priceless all would give every penny away to have more time to do what we want and more time on earth.

6. regor

regor Regular member

Hi all - No biggie but I am un-subscribing from this thread because it brings little to no value to me any longer. I replied to to the original because I thought it would promote some humor. And I told you all what life was all about... Chocolate Chip Cookies and milk; or maybe a properly chilled glass of Chardonnay, in retrospect THAT MAY BE EVEN BETTER :) Since then, however, Norm-au, as irritating as his posts were, was really the only one that was trying to keep things in perspective. That he has purpose, 'that purpose' being a child of God. Too many of these posts are so narrow; it's not really about money or possession - but you already know that. It's about happiness. It's about innner peace. It's about doing something nice for someone - or even doing something nice for yourself (that's okay too!) or having someone care about your well-being. The touch or giggle of your child when what you feel in return is exactly that... the returned love from that touch or the pleasure from that infectious giggle. The tear of an elderly person because the nice thing you did for him or her was a pleasant surprise that they never thought they would get again, especially from a stranger. In my last post I indicated that I HATE being preached at. I do! So with due respect the sermon is over, except for one little message... There are 3 things that dominate society: power, sex, and money. It's either too much, or too little.

Next Thursday is Thanksgiving celebrated (USA). I wish each and every one of you warmth, companionship, health, love. AND TURKEY! (NO, NOT THE COUNTRY)

I'm done.

TTFN. R

added commentary: No offence, please, I know you are all good people. very good. And you ALL have as much purpose as ME, most likely MORE!

Best. R

Last edited: Nov 19, 2004
  7. mallaug

mallaug Regular member

I came across this thread and had to put my 2 cents in.

In my opinion I think everything happens for a reason like if your PC acts up it's because of a reason. And for humans since we have more depth our reason have more depth and our reason links to the real root of the problem. I beleive it's greed (aka) the devil: "the love of money is the root of all evil", I'm not religious but I think alot of the bible is true. I can go on and on about the roots of money but I won't it's too long. Money has been around since the beginning. You do the math.

8. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

I think my life sucks, then I think the world sucks.
    But what it really comes down to is I let it suck.
    I make more cash than both of my folks and am in good health for my age. If I really wanted change I would change.
    We are spoiled. The grass is always greener on the other side. Hell when the grass grows cut it, then smoke it. Life goes on.

9. mallaug

mallaug Regular member

RE:I think my life sucks, then I think the world sucks.
    But what it really comes down to is I let it suck.

We have no choice it's not up to the people it's up to the greedy to let life suck.

10. indienemo

indienemo Guest

its imperfections that makes us humans, otherwise we'd be phuckin gods! doesnt that thought make you feel all cool? Bad day then your feet up, light up a phat spliff and yell at god about it, now thats what i call customer support

11. teggy

teggy Regular member

You wanna taste of the hatred, disgust and general unpleasantness that we here in the UK have to bear each day. I am certain that my country N. Ireland and the rest of the UK (Mainland england etc.) Is one of the worst countries in the world for pure pointless suckiness... honestly, everybody almost thinks everyone sucks for reasons beyond belief.

12. mallaug

mallaug Regular member

Yeah, well some guy raped a dear at my local zoo (button wood park) no lie! we have it the worst, lol j/kning

13. indienemo

indienemo Guest

haha, some guy raped an african elephant in my zoo

:cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2004
  14. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Some guy raped a girl. It's really not that funny.

15. indienemo

indienemo Guest

who said anyone raped a girl?

16. mallaug

mallaug Regular member

There is no way a guy can rape an elephant I mean he would need a ladder just to mount himself :p I think my cities shamefull record still stands,LoL

17. indienemo

indienemo Guest

oh really...;)

18. mallaug

mallaug Regular member

Really...o.0.o.0.o

19. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

negative.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2004
  20. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member