1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what to consider for 2012 blu ray burners?

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by super611, Mar 2, 2012.

1. super611

super611 Member

i am looking to get a blu ray burner for ripping and burning blu-ray and regular dvds. i use anydvd and have anydvd hd as well. i read something about a new technology or issue to be concerned with for 2012 but totally forget where i read it. i believe it was something that would prevent you from copying and ripping. was it bitlock maybe??? anyway, can someone help me and recommend a blu ray burner for this year maybe even with lightscribe that will do what i want without problems?

thanks in advance

2. Creepers

Creepers Member

Did you buy one in the end? What were the results?

3. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

HP burners support the lightscribe feature.They also come in the Bluray models with lightscribe.

4. super611

super611 Member

I haven't bought one yet but I am looking at lg and lite ons. right now leaning towards the LG. I thought I saw one that has the light scribe feature. One person says it does another person says it doesn't. Don't know who to believe. I was going to call the manufacturer tomorrow and ask them. I basically want to take my Blu-ray DVDs and rip them into files on my hard drive. It's a lot easier for me to watch my videos that way. I'm a quadriplegic so it's a little more difficult for me to put DVDs in. Anyone have any recommendations on computers for ripping and encoding? I was looking at this
    Because I want something for a few games I have and for ripping and for my Windows media Center with my TV tuner. I have the ceton infinitv4 it's really nice. As of right now I'm using it on an HP m9040n. But its super slow. I believe I found a brand-new one on HP website with a few more specs for 20 bucks more. I'll probably just get the one site the site. i want a slot for a graphics card, tv tuner, and extra hard drives.

5. super611

super611 Member

wait. i thought you can just use a program like clonedvd or handbrake and rip the bluray and make it into an mp4 file.

6. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

HP's come with the lightscribe feature. You can just get an HP with a Bluray reader/burner.I think you can use DVDFab HD decrypter.They have a free version.

http://www.dvdfab.com/hd-decrypter.htm

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

spammer spammed

8. mrslicker

mrslicker Regular member

If you plan on converting the blu-ray discs into, say, an mkv or m4v file, then processor ability is important (and I recommend looking into StaxRip for conversions).
    If you want to just put them in storage on your HDD, then any computer equipped with a bluray drive should get the job done. Expect anywhere from 14-50 GB of storage to be used up per bluray.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012