1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what to do after erasing dvd+rw

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by JJYkim, May 2, 2005.

1. JJYkim

JJYkim Member

The burning software I'm using won't recognize it even though I erased all of the files on it. Is there another process I must do in order to finalize the erase?

2. JJYkim

JJYkim Member

Please help a newbie out. It's my first time using DVD+RW media. I assumed that as long as I used some software to erase the contents on the disc that it'd be rewrittable. Well, since nero was giving me so much trouble I used ASHMAPOO burning software to burn a bunch of stuff onto this disc just to test it out. Now I'm trying to erase the data so I can burn other things onto the disc, but the software won't recognize the disc even though I erased everything on it...T_T help.

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Did you do a QUICK format or FULL format. Depending on how your burning software used the disc you may need to do the full format (20/30 minutes.) The quick format takes about 5 minutes. It makes the dvd look empty but the data is still there. Nero does the complete format. You can also download the free version of DVDInfopro which can format.

Jerry

4. JJYkim

JJYkim Member

I was using nero, and it gave me an error message, saying that the erase process failed. I've been having so much trouble with nero lately...dunno why. It used to burn without giving me any problems before..

5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I had trouble erasing my +rw's on my main pc with nero a couple months ago. I just downloaded the nero cleantool-6 to clean out all traces of nero,and then downloaded my nero 6.0.0.21b oem disc and issue was resolved. Here's the link for nero cleantool:

http://ww2.nero.com/us/Nero_6_Clean_Tool.html

Good Luck

Edit, I always have trouble posting this nero cleantool link-uggg!

Last edited: May 3, 2005
  6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I have problems doing a COPY/PASTE of some links too. They show up all scrambled. If I click to edit my post, then just hit save changes without actually changing anything it corrects itself. I don't know why that happens.

Jerry

7. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

That's pretty weird. That nero cleantool is the only one that does it.It always works when I do it when I edit my post with the exact same paste.
    Later