1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do now? Doesnt pop open like it did before

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Plumsilly, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Plumsilly

Plumsilly Member

Hi, hoping someone out there will be able to answer this for me. I recently purchased a new computer and hooked it all up yesterday. Downloaded DVD Shrink and Nero Ultra which is what I used on my old computer to burn DVD's. Well on my old machine after uploading the movie to the computer the Drive would pop open and the Nero software would start and look for a blank disk and once i popped one in it would go ahead a burn. Easy cheesy! I tried to burn a movie today and guess what...it doesnt pop open. It just says that I can burn with the right software and I can't figure out how to do that. Can someone explain to me if there is a way to get it to pop out again and start on its own. Thanks!

2. Noqoilpi

Noqoilpi Regular member

Shrink > Edit > Preferences > File I/O

Brun settings > Enable buring with Nero

3. Plumsilly

Plumsilly Member

Hi! Looked at settings and it was already set to that so I tried again with no luck. Then restarted computer just in case and tried again...didn't work. It just says Backup complete. Dvd Shrink has finished backing up your DVD. DVD output files were saved and all all output files are now ready for burningwith appropriate burning software. Should I be saving the files to someplace other then where I am? I am saving it now in My Documents, in a temp folder. SHould I be saving them in the same folder as DVD shrink? Does that matter? Any other ideas? Thanks for getting back to me so soon! I'm sitting here going crazy.

4. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Hi Plumsilly
    Do your normal editing in dvd shrink, and then when you click backup,on the select backup target,hit the dropdown box, and choose burn with nero.
    good luck
    jD

5. Noqoilpi

Noqoilpi Regular member

Try to burn with DVD Decrypter (free click on link). Disable Nero in Shrink. This will tell you if Nero is the problem or the system. You will need Decrypter sooner or later since Shrink will not work on the new Sony movies.

6. Plumsilly

Plumsilly Member

Jim Dandy!

How much do I love you! lol. Thanks, it worked perfectly and such a small thing that I feel stupid that I didn't get it myself! Thanks again and hope you have a great day

7. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Your welcome Plumsilly,the only dumb questions, are the ones not asked.
    Im glad I could help,and you have a nice day too :)
    Dont be a stranger now,come back and learn more, and help when you can.
    blaze on
    jD