1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do with a PSP

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Naberius, May 11, 2012.

1. Naberius

Naberius Member

I just got a PSP from a friend who got himself a Vita. This is my first PSP so there seems to be a lot to learn. The thing is a PSP 1000 and was on OFW 6.60 so I put PRO-B10 on it and did the CIPL install. It's playing ISO's of the memory card fine and SNES9x seems to work but the GBA emulator GBSP won't load and since I have only a 2gb memory stick, I was looking into irShell to run ISOs through the netsh wireless from my pc, which I understand doesn't work with the 6.x firmwares.
    I'm considering a downgrade to 5.00 M33-6 or 5.50GEN-D3 but I've heard about others and I have no idea what's current and best in the 5.x range. I've got a step by step guide on using Hellcats Recovery Flasher to get my 6.60 down to 5.00 M33-6. I've also heard a few things here and there about irShell not being all that great at playing games over the lan anyway, or that irShell can brick a PSP. Anyone got any experience with irShell and can provide some advice on which CFW to use?

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

I'd look into getting a Photofast addapter and two MicroSD cards, they are dirt cheap nowadays, you can get 16 GB of storage for around 20 USD or even cheaper. After all, the PSP is a mobile gaming device. Also I'd install 6.60 ME v1.7 on it, so you don't have to worry about accidentally switching it off and reverting it back to original.

3. Naberius

Naberius Member

Thanks for that. With 6.60 PRO-B10 I was able to do the CIPL install which makes it permanent, so I don't have to run the recovery console every time I power off and on. Since you're running on a 6.60 FW, can you tell me, have you tried any emulators, and what were your experiences with them? I'm really disappointed about GBSP. I love my GBA games.

4. KaushikDB

KaushikDB Member