1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do with new Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by AssKlown, Aug 9, 2012.

1. AssKlown

AssKlown Regular member

Hey guys, I've been out of the scene for a while now, but used this forum (and others) religiously to jtag one of my systems, which worked perfectly!

Anyways, I recently got my hands on 2 phat xbox's, one arcade model, and the other an elite. The elite is brand new - just came out of the box, the arcade model is a jtagable system (still has blade dash) but after running it for an hour or so, it has now gone into RROD status.

I just wanted to know what the best course of action would be to take for someone who might want to modify these systems.... What options do I have, and what do they offer?

I can jtag the arcade (obviously I would need to fix the RROD issue first, which shouldn't be a big deal), that includes hard wiring to the Xenon motherboard, but wondering if there are other/better options. I've also heard about the RGH but I'm not too familiar with this... The Elite is brand new with an older (4 digit) dash.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  2. b1gh3ad

b1gh3ad Regular member

You could make your own 250GB HDD with the x360usb hdss.bin method

1) RGH the Elite/Arcade and install a 250GB HDD
    2) Flash the LT3.0 on the Elite/Arcade

3. cooll903

cooll903 Regular member

the other option for the xenon board is to toss it because you will spend more time fixing it over and over than you will be playing games on it

4. AssKlown

AssKlown Regular member

Suprisingly I picked up a xenon about 2 years back, and jtagged it. I did the x-clamp fix, and changed the GPU heatsink to the newer 2-pc heatsink found in newer models, and its beening running great since.... never had another problem with it. When I recieved it 2 years ago, its original status was red ringed. But yes, I understand what your saying... theres no guarantee that it will be repairable.