1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what to look for when buying a laptop

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by sas786, Sep 8, 2007.

1. sas786

sas786 Member

I've seen so many offers and so many laptops with different processers, hard drive capacity etc.. and wanted to know what type of specifications to look for when buying a laptop. Could someone please make a list of things for e.g. duo core or core 2 duo processer, type of ram 1gb 2gb etc..

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

by asking that question here, everyone that posts is going to have a different answer. what I mean by that is that you should first figure out what you are going to use your laptop for, then based on what you are doing with your laptop, we can better recommend a hardware/software setup that will suit your needs.

so tell us what you want to use your laptop for, what programs you use, and then we'll help ya out...

3. sas786

sas786 Member

Basically i want a new laptop that i can use for entertainment e.g. movies, music etc.. and for use at home. I mainly use microsoft office applications but in spare time i like using software such as itunes, media player's that play different format videos and using software to download things from the internet e.g. limewire.