1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to use for DVD encryption

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by tbowling, Sep 10, 2004.

1. tbowling

tbowling Member

I am using X-Copy Platinum, and every now and then, I get a TS-Video message or a CSS encryption message. What can I use to get past these messages. I usually get them when I try to burn my kids Disney DVD's

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

XCopy doesn't do Disney movies .. or at least do them well. You could use AnyDVD($39) with XCopy to remove any encryptions or region codes.

You really should try DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter

3. negatyve

negatyve Member

I agree with flip on using dvd decryptor & dvd shrink. dvdxcopy is extremely buggy software. I understand that it's easy to use for the novice, however dvd decryptor & dvd shrink are both freeware AND extremely stable and are not that much more difficult to use.

I have made countless backups with this method and I have never once had a single problem at all! Check out the "guides" section of afterdawn.com for a guide on backing up dvd-9 with dvd shrink for complete instructions, however it shouldn't be difficult at all to figure out on your own!