1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what tool is better?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by gliders, Nov 16, 2004.

1. gliders

gliders Member

2. diabolos

diabolos Guest

I would have to pick CDex!

Personally, I use [bold]dBPowerAMP (dMC)[/bold] (its free) for all of my CD ripping and audio converting needs. It can rip to just about any format you could possibly want to rip to. The main program is small and only does WAV and Mp3 conversions. But any codec you want can be downloaded as a plug-in to the main program from thier site (also all for free).

======================================================

dBPowerAMP home page:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

dBPowerAMP (dMC) Download.com page:

http://www.download.com/dBpowerAmp-Music-Converter/3000-2140_4-10249519.html?tag=lst-0-1

dBPowerAMP's Codec page:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central.htm

======================================================

Good luck,
    Ced

3. gliders

gliders Member

And what about the Roxio 'Easy CD & DVD Creator 6' ?
    I need write CDs also, its more often task.

4. diabolos

diabolos Guest

I havn't used Easy CD v6 but I'm satified with my v5. The v7 is out and I heard it was pretty good (according to [bold]Maximum PC[/bold]). Nero is also a name brand for good burning software, if you want to pay for it.

In the land of free (legal) software; [bold]dBPowerAMP[/bold] has a CD writer [bold](dMW)[/bold] but it isn't that good, yet it can make an Audio-CD from just about any mix of sound formats. [bold]Jet Audio 6 Basic[/bold] can do the job well. There is also [bold]Windows Media Player[/bold] 9 or 10 (I don't recommend it, only will burn un-protected WMA files). My favorite is [bold]iTunes (for Windows)[/bold].

[bold]iTunes[/bold] is fast and reliable. You just create a play-list of Mp3's, WAV's, or AAC files and burn them. The only drawback is if you have alot of WMA files it will convert them to MP4 (AAC) before using them. It fully supports MP3 though. Its also an excellent CD-Ripper but it only rips to the MP4 (.m4a) format (un-protected MPEG-4 / AAC audio).

I hope that wasn't too much talking,
    Ced

5. gliders

gliders Member

I have 2 CDs: Roxio 'Easy CD & DVD Creator 6' Basic Ed. For use on HP & Compaq Personal Computers.'
    and "Nero Express" 5.5.10.30, that comes with PCs.
    Will Roxio work on any PC, not on PC it comes with(HP)?
    Just not sure what select. Will the Roxio enough both for CDs and mp3 creation? (I just dont like install many similar software on my PC, try to keep it clean)

thanks,
    gliders

6. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Yes, Roxio Easy CD and Nero should both install on any PC. Unless the packaging or license (EULA) say otherwise. Sounds like you got some good software there. The Nero is a little dated though and Roxio Easy CD has a version 7 out now. I don't know about Roxio's CD ripping ablities, there are allot of free programs that do it better than anything you could buy (i.e. CDex, dBPowerAMP, and Audiograbber 1.83).

Good times burn'N,
    Ced

7. gliders

gliders Member

Thanks for advice,
    gliders