1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Tools Do I Need To Flash A Lite-On Drive? Newbie Here Who Needs Help.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by noobie206, May 25, 2011.

1. noobie206

noobie206 Guest

I am new on these boards and new to the flashing scene can someone tell me what I will need in terms of tools/kits/equipments to flash my liteon drive? I can research the rest on how to flash from youtube or online.

I have a LT+ 1.1 firmware and hasn't updated it yet on the last xbox dashboard update they told me to do last week and will wait for a new firmware from hackers I just want to know ahead of time what will I need so I will be prepared once they release the firmware. And also what will I need to extract the keys?

Also please don't bash me with answers like "why don't you use the search engine" or why don't you "google" like I said I am a newbie and when I used the search engine it didn't explain to me clearly on what I need. I thought that if I made a thread it would be easier for me to keep track of my post instead of using the search engine.

2. b1gh3ad

b1gh3ad Regular member

Are you going to be playing live with the console?

X360USB Pro (Optional and uneeded if your motherboard has a SATA connection or if you have ESATA)
    CK3 Lite
    CK3 Probe V3

All these items can be found at your local modding store. To flash/upgrade your dvd firmware read and follow both PDF.

Jungleflasher: http://hotfile.com/dl/114348366/6cdd1e9/JungleFlasher.0.1.82.Beta(234).rar.html
    Firmware Pack: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2AD7QDFK
    PDF1: http://hotfile.com/dl/113629572/571eb74/jftut1.4.0.FINAL_3.pdf.html
    PDF2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8EU17Q0H

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  3. OpticNerv

OpticNerv Member

If you have a liteon drive and it's already flashed then hopefully you have the DVD key. If you do not then you should look into the MRA hack. It will require some soldering and I would suggest looking that up for some good closeup pictures on that (try the JF guide or Team Xtreme tutorial).

The easiest way to retrieve your DVD key from a liteon is with the connectivity kit from team xecuter. Since it already flashed you'll definitely need the CK Probe.

If you have the DVD key then all you'll really need is a PCI SATA card. It is much easier with the connectivity kit though.

Of course either way you'll need the Jungle Flasher program and the firmware you want to update to.

Literally all of this information can be found in the JF guide. If you're planning to update on XBL however then you'll have to wait in the dark with the rest of us until new firmware is released.

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  4. b1gh3ad

b1gh3ad Regular member

no need for MRA hack if using CK3 Probe V3

5. noobie206

noobie206 Guest

Yes I plan to go on live as I have been already but just didn't update the latest console update to be on the safe side. Also can I use a regular SATA cable I ordered from Amazon as a subsitute to the Xbox 360 USB Pro?

6. noobie206

noobie206 Guest

My console isnt the slim one and never required any soldering during the previous flash. Are u telling it will require soldering? Is there any other option besides soldering?

7. b1gh3ad

b1gh3ad Regular member

When LT+2.0 comes out just follow the same steps listed in the tutorial to upgrade

Your Questions answered

1) Also can I use a regular SATA cable I ordered from Amazon as a subsitute to the Xbox 360 USB Pro?
    2) My console isnt the slim one and never required any soldering during the previous flash. Are u telling it will require soldering? Is there any other option besides soldering?

Answers:

1) Yes use that as well
    2) It wont need soldering as your using CK3 Probe V3 which is a no cut/solder tool for all liteon drives