1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What type of disc do i need

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by Estranged, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Estranged

Estranged Member

I have a panasonic dvd recorder, and i would like too know what type of disc i need too record with? Is dvd ram the best, and can i delete my recordings after i finalize? thanks

2. cjzcoc

cjzcoc Guest

You can use DVD-RAM,DVD-RW,DVD-R discs of single/double layer. I'm not sure the ram is best or not. But you can use DVD-RAM,DVD-RW disc to record VR format, and the above two disc can be erased and record more than once. Of course, a DVD software is necessary for managing your DVDs. Refer to *SPAM removed*

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2009
  3. scum101

scum101 Guest

dvd-ram disks are horrid expensive (and hard to find) plus not a lot of standalones will have anything to do with them (they are physically thicker) .. Any +rw should do... buy a few cheapos.. do you have an Aldi nearby? .. they do 6x dvd+rw in a pack for £3.99 I think they are now.. and they are very good disks. I must have a look at one sometime and find out who makes them.. I have an odd feeling they will turn out to be Optodisk maker.

4. packofdog

packofdog Member

dvd-/+r is a good cheap disc but it isnt rewritable(~4.7gb)
    dvd rw is expensiver but it can be rewritten (~4.7gb)
    cd-/+r is even cheaper but cant be rewritten and can only hold 700mb
    cd rw medium price can be rewritten 700mb limit