1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What type of discs to use?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by punk353, Jun 1, 2004.

1. punk353

punk353 Member

I used some cheap CompUSA dvd's on my PS2 but they were very shitty, so I went back to CompUSA and bought some Fujifilm dvd's with a blue bottem, but they seem to work like 10% of the time... can someone recommend me some dvd's that work very well for ps2 games? please!!

2. punk353

punk353 Member

oh and one more thing, I have a V4 ps2, which a no solder modchip... on www.modchip.com for the no solder modchip information it sais "Boots any CD-R and DVD-R disc", but these fujifilm's are DVD+R's, can this be a problem?

3. billz

billz Active member

it's possible on v4's Dvd+R's either work or they don't on v4's so try dvd-r's

Try verbatium blank dvds

4. chaos321

chaos321 Guest

USE RITECK RIDATA THERE THE BEST FOR BURNING PS2 GAMES!

5. Badkarma

Badkarma Regular member

i've heard that riteck are the best by people here but i've always used verbatim and they work great and they're cheaper (that is after you count the cost of shipping because you can only get riteck i belieave on the internet) but either would be the way to go

6. ShockD

ShockD Member

I just ordered 50 RITEK (not riteck) DVD-R's and should be here by next week. I'm new at this (first time) so I'll tell you if they were successful. I got the same stuff on my PS2 (Also a v4) as you.