1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what upgrade should I use for my 1.5 PSP?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by arrrow, Apr 22, 2007.

1. arrrow

arrrow Member

Hey I'm fairly new at this and don't want to make the mistake of upgrading my PSP to a version that is irreversable or that limits all the fun things that can be done using homebrew apps. I just recently (after a long while) was able to downgrade my 2.81 PSP back to 1.5 by using the 3.03 upgrade and donwgrade with the GTA LCS game method that has be going around. It was easy, but I'm sure glad I finally got it done. So anyway, what's next now? what should I do so I wont have to go through all this again?

2. thamike

thamike Member

I am also new at this, and i still have a 2.81 FW on my psp, now i bought the game midnightclub Dub edition and it has the 1.51 fw on it, can i use that original fw to upgrade it late to the 3.30 or should i use the 1.5 fw from the net, is there any difference between the 1.51 of my umd midnightclub and the 1.5 from the net? What is the best thing i can do. thanks for helping.

3. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

upgrade to 3.40oe-a. Download this: http://dl.qj.net/3.40-OE-A-PSP/pg/12/fid/13553/catid/163
    which is 3.40oe-a.
    Also download these because you will need them: http://dl.qj.net/PSP-FW-3.40-for-the-US-PSP/pg/12/fid/13547/catid/163
    AND http://dl.qj.net/PSP-Firmware-1.50-File-(EBOOT)-North-America-PSP/pg/12/fid/163/catid/163
    Rename the 3.40 update (the second link) to 340.pbp and rename the 1.50 update to 150.pbp(third link). Place them in the oeupdatemaker folder that came in the first link. Place the oeupdatemaker folder and the oeupdatemaker% folder in psp/game on your memory stick. Run it and after a while and its done it will create a file. Go back to usb mode and take the file and put it in the 3.40oeflasher folder that came with the first link. THEN place the 3.40oeflasher and 3.40flasher% in psp/game and run it from ur psp.
    MAKE SURE you go over the readme for 3.40oe-a very carefully.

4. arrrow

arrrow Member

sweet! thanks

5. arrrow

arrrow Member

hey, after I do the update am i able to delete oeupdatemaker, oeupdatemaker%, 3.40oeflasher, and 3.40flasher% folders or should i just leave them?

6. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

Once you have completed the upgrade you can delete all files