1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Version will I get ?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by lempika, Feb 23, 2004.

1. lempika

lempika Member

I'm going to buy my second PS2 (the first one is now out of order, bought back on first european shipping day). First, on that old PS2 (SCPH-30004, 10 screws) I was using the Swap Trick Method with DVD Region X to boot my copies. So, tomorrow, I'll get a new one ; What PS2 Version will I get ? Will DVD Region X work with this new one ? Does Swap Trick still work on nowadays PS2 ? Will I need a Action Replay ? What version ?

2. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

the newest version out is the v10, and i think you will need the new swap disks(swap magic v3) for the version 10

3. TheAssman

TheAssman Guest

just order a premodded ps2 with a dms3 or messiah chip already inside. if money is the reason why you dont want to go with a pre mod system I really would wait until you can afford it because there is no swapping and the DMS3 is very easy on the ps2 system resources and wont over stress the console.

4. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

do not get the messiah 2 with v9/v10....once u get it f u read forums u will read about so many things of people who got the m2 with v9 or v10 and it overheats and stuff....be saver and get the dms3...and if its too much get the magiv v 5k6, very good chip....i just exchanged my v10 with the m2 for the magic v 5k6
    (havnt changed my signature yet)

5. lempika

lempika Member

Ok, but for now, I just want to be able to play ONE import game which is Winning Eleven 7 (as I did with my previous PS2), so I want it simple as the Swap Trick. Is this method still working ? Won't DVD Region X work at all ? Could Action Replay 2 work ?